Water Technician Edinburgh / Fife
Our client are a leading global Facilities Maintenance and Construction firm who provide a varity of specialist solutions th the FM and Construction sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Engineer to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing electro/mechanical tasks to meet clients' agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a mobile, field-based position covering Edniburgh and Fife.
- To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
- Maintain customer's water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
- Water Testing
- Complete and submit all documentation
- Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
- Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
- Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water.
- Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
- Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer's sites and on your vehicle
- To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
- Report any potential hazards arising from your work to your Line Manager. Report all accidents, incidents or near-miss incidents to your Line Manager and also via the accident reporting system.
- Follow the requirements of all safe working procedures.
Knowledge skills & experience
- A technical background relating to plumbing.
- Previous experience within Compliance Servicing, Legionella Monitoring or Water Treatment is desirable.
- Understanding of Water Systems would be desirable.
- Basic IT skills, preferably with Microsoft package.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
If this role is of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218