You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 12,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £1 billion with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repair and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centres, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures.
The successful Building Services Electrician will join the established team of field based engineers who support the client's commercial contracts including some well-known household brands.
The Building Services Electrician role will be mobile, carrying out service, maintenance, fault-finding and repair of commercial M&E systems across their newly acquired contract for an international and logistics company. This role will be based in Newcastle and cover multiple sites across the North East
The Building Services Electrician will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Organise and assist in reactive repairs and PPM's to the sites M&E systems
- Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Support or Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules.
- To respond to call-outs and cover emergencies as required.
- To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
- Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using various systems e.g. Logbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, eLogbooks, PPE, toolbox talks.
- Compliance with and record keeping for and all Quality Management Systems.
- Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- Attend and participate in any relevant training courses.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the core values of our client
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
Knowledge & Experience
- A wider building services knowledge would be an advantage
- Safe working practices in relation to 3 phase and single-phase electrics and applications
- Ability to maintain/ repair a range of mechanical equipment, e.g. fans, pumps and compressors to recognised standards
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work at heights, work in confined spaces etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- PC literate
- High degree of flexibility in working hours with willingness to work flexible hours over a 24/7 operation
- High degree of mobility to travel throughout the area
- NVQ level 3 - Electrical installation or equivalent
- City & Guilds 17th /18th Edition
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/5 (Desirable)
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Category 1 or equivalent (Desirable)
- Hold a full UK drivers' licence
Building Services Electrician Package
- Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Company van, fuel card, paid travel time
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are a fully qualified electrical engineer and you are interested in this Building Services Electrician role please apply with your updated CV or call Suzie on 01745 772218