A vacancy has arisen for a practical individual to work as Mobile Semi-Skilled Engineer working in and around Luton. The post-holder will also need to be self-motivating. They will be responsible for carrying out reactive and planned works across the branch's contact portfolio, and will also be required to liaise and coordinate works with our helpdesk. A good general understanding of Building Fabric Services will be essential in carrying out expected duties, being well presented at all times and competent to provide advice when required to do so. Plumbing experience is also required. The role would ideally suit an individual with existing experience within the FM industry looking to be invested in
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance & reactive maintenance repairs across various contracts.
- To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
- To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
- To participate in flexible working hours and out-of-hours emergency cover as required by the contract.
- To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development, to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
- Suitable candidate will be invested in to carry out legionella control activities, Emergency lighting testing and any other required training to develop individual.
- To assist other trades as/when required.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by Managers within the remit of the role.
A formal plumbing qualification is required (NVQ or C&G)
A suitable Trade Background & Qualifications & Skills
- Experience of carrying out maintenance activities within occupied premises.
- Good Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Full clean driving license.
- Some IT skills would be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role then please send your CV or call Kirsty Palmer on 01745 772218