HVAC Sevice Manager
HVAC Service Manager
We have an opportunity to start working for a large facilities management service provider operating on various HVAC contracts across the UK. This company specialises in providing both mechanical and electrical building services to various commercial clients.
Our client are currently recruiting for a HVAC Service Manager in Londonarea to support with the delivery of M&E services across multiple commercial contracts across the UK. The role will be based around a variety of commercial contracts covering Cinema's, hotel groups, pubs, restaurants and various single and multi-commercial sites across London overseeing team of 15-20 including back office support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise a team of service engineers across multiple contracts
- To manage the planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company's PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Participation in the call out rota
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience as HVAC service manager or as a lead engineer or supervisory role will be beneficial
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Air Conditioning with good Electrical/Plumbing knowledge of building services)
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- Chiller knowledge would be beneficial
- An additional trade qualification would be beneficial. (C&G F-gas/ NVQ Plumbing)
- Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage.
- Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a prerequisite .
Qualifications / Skills
- Must have completed a recognised time served Air conditioning apprenticeship
- C&G 2078 Safe Handling of refrigerants (not essential)
- C&G 2079 F-Gas
- Excellent Building services experience
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations desirable but not essential
- ACS Commercial Gas desirable but not essential
- C&G/NVQ in Plumbing desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Travel the UK when necessary
- Salary: £40-50k per annum dependent on experience
- Company vehicle, fuel card, PDA etc.
- Overtime opportunities
- Paid travel time
- Company Pension
If this role as a HVAC service Manager is of any interest please apply with you CV online or call Kirsty on 01745 772218