Commercial Boiler Breakdown Engineer
Our client a market leader since 2008 are looking to recruit for a Commercial Gas Service Engineer to provide PPM and Reactive Maintenance and commissioning of gas burners and heating systems to ensure their effective and efficient operation.
There will also be a requirement to respond to other types of plant, equipment and services when needed, as a first response, where it is safe to do so in line with the existing competencies of the operative.
- Ensure that all routine maintenance and reactive works are carried out in line with manufacturer instructions. All current standards, industry best practice and regulations to be adhered to, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure all paperwork produced is clear, concise and complies with current legislation and best practice.
- Assisting with and participating in the 'Call out System'. On call operative must be contactable 24hrs/day when on call.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Attend site and carry out reactive repairs, when required as instructed by the helpdesk team.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out plant maintenance and that current purchase order processes are followed.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in accordance with Operations Manager, instructions.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as customer site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of Protech staff and customer's staff.
- Ensure a professional image of the company is presented to customers and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Wide range of gas maintenance and repair work
- Minimum of five years post apprenticeship qualification experience
- Gas qualified engineer - CPA1 - combustion performance analysis
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety
- CIGA1 - Indirect fired commercial appliances
- ICPN1 - Installation of commercial pipework
- TPCP1A - Testing and purging of pipework
- BMP11 - Gas boosters operating pressure not exceeding 0.5bar
- CORT1 - Overhead radiant heaters
Additional requirements of the job:
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to resolve problems with own initiative/experience
- Flexible approach to working hours
- The ability to safely lift and carry a range of materials and equipment
- Competent to work at heights from steps, scaffolds and mobile elevating work platforms
- Normal colour vision
- Having good communication skills
- Being able to follow technical instructions
If this role is of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218