We are currently seeking to recruit a Diesel Electrician in the Falkland Islands. You will work as a member of a Team of Electricians and Mechanical Fitters provide electrical planned preventative maintenance and repair services for the standby generation on the Military Establishments/sites on the Falkland Islands, including as required working on the remote mountain top sites
- Ensure that all machinery, equipment and systems in the Post Holder's care functions within the specified operational parameters.
- Overhaul, repair, test and install all electrical equipment associated with diesel driven generator sets, auxiliary equipment and switchgear up to and including 11 KV.
- Overhaul, repair, test and install all electrical equipment associated with HV/LV distribution system including transformers, switchgear, protection, cabling and overhead lines up to and including 33KV.
- Examine documentation and drawings relevant to maintenance, repair and installation activity.
- When required, produce accurate mandatory and statutory maintenance records, test certificates and where applicable, assist in producing reports associated with the above equipment. Operate and maintain site services at Remote Site location.
- As required carry out none electrical "handyman" type tasks at the Remote Site locations.
- Work towards Authorised Person training by becoming "Site Familiar".
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or senior management team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be capable of obtaining MoD basic security clearance.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent in English or Maths.
- Experience in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Experience of Steam and medium temperature hot water, boilers and ancillary plant.
- Experience of analogue boiler control system.
- Experience with recognised H&S procedures.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude of equipment and how to properly maintain boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of the use of tools to operate and maintain boiler equipment and machinery.
- Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and accurately relay instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and plant personnel.
- Must be able to identify potential safety hazards including unsafe boiler operations and take immediate action to correct the hazard and report the situation to supervisory personnel on site.
- Full clean valid car driving license for the Falkland Islands
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Holds or has held Authorised Person electrical qualifications.
- Previous experience of working in the Falkland Islands or working abroad in a MoD environment.
- Good basic handyman skills.
Two monthly (x2 per month) site allowance bonus payments and an annual bonus. Hours of work are 45 per week. This is a permanent vacancy, unaccompanied with 33 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company's expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Falkland Islands (FIQQ 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 45 hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Falklands Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = Permanent
- Site allowance: 5% x2 per month
- Tour bonus: 10% each year
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
If this role is of any interest to you please apply online with your CV of call Jamie on 01745 772218