Technical Services Manager
Our Client is looking for a Technical Services Manager to be responsible for a large important and prestigious contract based in Manchester looking after multiple buildings within the City Centre.
You would be responsible for a team of 6-10 direct reports and will need a broad M&E experience - more electrically biased but must have mechanical and HVAC experience. The team requires a manager with strong M&E experience
On offer is a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 with 5% Bonus, Single Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holidays plus BH and 2 x Life Cover
Reporting to the Account Manager the Technical Services Manager is responsible for the delivery of the engineering aspects of the contract focussing on a fully compliant, effective and efficient service.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Line Management of the Contracts Complex resource.
- Review of engineering delivery structure - including internal and external resources
- Delivery of engineering-based cost saving initiatives
- Delivery of engineering compliance across account. (Statutory and contractual)
- Implement critical site and critical asset management processes as required across account.
- Ownership of the asset strategy including delivery of forward maintenance plan
- Ensure all maintenance is carried out in line with SFG planned maintenance programme
- Support performance review of engineering sub-contractors to ensure optimisation of internal/external resource utilisation
- Ownership of AP/CP/RP provision and account register
- Provide technical guidance and advice across account
- Develop and deliver engineering resource engagement model to improve communications.
The Technical Services Manager will be Focused on the delivery objectives of our client, initiating and driving best business practice to improve customer service, efficiency and reduce cost, the Technical Services Manager will lead the development and awareness of the delivery teams in engineering services. Sharing the best practice and innovations with colleagues in the wider P&C North Business and standardising operational methodology.
The Technical Services Manager will focus on supporting the relationship with the Clients property team.
The Technical Services Manager will provide support to the Account Manager and will build relationships with the clients engineering staff and other members of the site teams. The success of this role is underpinned by delivering first class customer service to clients, employees, visitors and the wider delivery team.
- To successfully lead activities of the engineering services, ensuring all appropriate contract obligations are delivered and validated.
- To support the Account Manager in ensuring all Operational plans are compliant.
- Working closely with SHEQ team to ensure SHEQ activities are compliant with Client and regulatory requirements.
- To champion best practices across all activities within the account and act as a driver for improvement
MAIN DUTIES: May include but not be limited to:
- Engineering standards
- Client Relationship Management interface with the Clients customers and the Client
- Drive a culture of Zero Harm in relation to engineering services through implementation of initiatives and the Company's values.
- Develop, recognise and retain team members who should all deliver excellent service alongside their daily duties.
- Ensure customer/client satisfaction is always met or exceeded
- Identify business risks and opportunities through analysis of results and incorporate into business planning activities. Ensure these are logged and regularly maintained to reflect the current position.
- Carry out reviews, conduct manpower and succession planning in support of the Account Manager and HR Department as appropriate
- Support teams in any change programmes.
- Encourage open communication through the contribution of ideas and views
- Follow performance management process for all direct reports, including appraisal and personal development reviews
- Promote teamwork and networking between all work stream
Qualifications and/or relevant experience
- 5 Years + Experience of engineering management (may include managing national, multi-site teams)