You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 12,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £1 billion with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repair and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centres, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures.
The Role - Maintenance Plumber
We are recruiting for a maintenance plumber to work on our client’s prestigious pharmaceutical sector contract. The role will be based at our client’s Luton site 3-4 days a week, with a requirement to cover 2 sites in central London 1 or 2 days a week. A pool vehicle will be available for traveling onto the city.
The maintenance plumber will be responsible for providing planned and reactive building service maintenance to a large office complex, working on pumps, motors, HVAC plant while also providing general facilities management services.
Maintenance Plumber Responsibilities
- Fault find and carry out repairs on all mechanical systems and equipment
- Carry out all PPMs and reactive tasks as necessary to onsite mechanical systems and specialist equipment.
- Accountable for ensuring all Environmental/Temperature Control rooms and equipment are available for end users, keeping down times to an absolute minimum during breakdowns.
- Ensure the site's logbook is kept up to date, and all losses, recoveries and additions are recorded appropriately.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operational upkeep of portable and fixed equipment.
- Plan, oversee and work with all subcontractors during service visits associated with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Undertake any other engineering tasks as required by the Help Desk, Area Supervisor, or Line Manager.
- Ensure that PPM and Reactive jobs are processed, and defects are diagnosed, and faults are repaired and testing.
- Responsibilities will also include being a member of the on-call rota for the contract.
- Tasks will be allocated using a PDA, so all activities must be recorded and logged in real time
Site Maintenance Plumber Requirements
- Essential Requirements for this role is possessing NVQ level 3 or equivalent in plumbing or mechanical engineering
- Experience working with air conditioning units, pressure systems and in plant rooms will be beneficial
- Previous experience working in a pharmaceutical/critical environment will be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence
Maintenance plumber Package
- Salary: Circa £35,000
- 25 Days holiday + Bank holidays
- Unlimited Budget for training
- Excellent progression opportunities
If you are interested in this maintenance plumber role please apply with your updated CV, or for more information please call Joe Campbell on 07944 947028 or email Joe@HVACRecruitment.com