We currently have a number of opportunities available at various hospitals in the Liverpool area.
Porters play an invaluable role in supporting the day-to-day running of the hospital, delivering a quality portering service to all patients, staff and visitors to the hospital.
You may feel uncertain around coming to work in a hospital environment at this time, but please be assured that the health and safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and the people we serve every day is our top priority. Each site is introducing the appropriate measures to ensure everyone's safety and monitoring this daily.
- Transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Ensure wheelchairs and trolleys are kept clean to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff, in line with the Infection Control Policy
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Porters lodge at all times
- Ensure the cleanliness of the waste areas at all times
- Undertake any other necessary duties to ensure maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your duty manager or helpdesk dispatcher
- Excellent customer service skills
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
For more information please call the office on 01745 772218 and ask for Kathy