BMS Lead Engineer
Salary £50,000 (depending on experience)
40 hours Monday - Friday
Our client is one of the world's leading Estates and Facilities Management maintenance companies. Globally they have a turnover of over £50 billion and 6.6 million occupants across their managed sites.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times on the BMS system with regard to critical building systems. To identify, investigate/rectify and know when to escalate any alarm that cannot be cleared thru the correct channels.
To assist in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site (controlling BMS changeovers/isolations). Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Building services with an electrical background, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To deliver the following:
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Plan on, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
- Accountable to the Technical Compliance Manager.
- The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good all round knowledge of Building Services, diagnostic and repair procedures, Knowledge of BMS systems and interpretation of alarms.
A good education is essential, with good written and spoken English
Formally trained in electrical/mechanical / BMS Knowledge.
Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
Experience of BMS systems / operating & monitoring.
Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
Good all round knowledge of building services systems, diagnostic and repair procedures
Mechanical maintenance skills
Good verbal communication and written English skills
Committed to the del