To ensure the effective provision of compliance, monitoring, energy and water management services in support of the overall sustainability objectives.
To create, implement and realise an effective Energy Strategy & Policy that reflects clients objects and meets legislative compliance.
To be the Energy Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Account supporting the Operations Team, Projects and sponsor initiatives to implement new energy related opportunities.
To deliver the following:
- Oversee continuous commissioning from an energy perspective, in particular with respect to obtaining BREEAM accreditation and maintaining it.
- Undertake monitoring and targeting of energy and water using available data and proprietary Automatic Monitoring and Targeting Systems (AMTS)
- Provide regular monthly and quarterly performance reports on utility consumption with commentary and exception reporting
- Provide quarterly forecast reports for utility costs and CO2 emissions based on YTD trends and expected performance of energy savings initiatives.
- Support the delivery of energy compliance requirements including CRC, EUETS, Carbon Price Floor, ESOS, Feed in tariffs and EU Energy Performance of buildings directive
- Advise on the optimum generating hierarchy for the facility including CHP and ground source heating supply
- Assist clients to remain informed of emerging opportunities, technologies as well as initiatives such as demand response schemes.
- Plan, agree and undertake a rolling programme of energy and water audits across the site and lead external audits to include all aspects of auditing from initial data gathering to final report writing.
- Undertake a continuous training scheme for staff and suppliers where required.
- Implement and verify agreed energy initiatives
- Support a continuous improvement process through input and advice to the sites operations team and SAP PPM process
- Develop and implement with client, the overall strategy for energy requirements, to meet the strategic intent of the organization and represent the Energy Department in all areas of the business
- Maintain a thorough understanding of corporate energy and water strategies, legal, statutory and technical issues which affect both client and Service Provider.
- Manage the corporate energy and water policies and strategies in conjunction with all parties to achieve energy reduction targets through cost effective and efficient implementation. (post mobilization)
- Advise on energy and water strategy/solutions, developing these into working projects, which meet client objectives and best practice.
- Promote energy and water efficiency and provide advice and support for the development of energy and water efficient practices and author procedurally as required.
- Be responsible and proactive in compliance issues, such as CRC.
- Promote policy and achievements to emphasize how they contribute to its success.
- Undertake energy and water surveys in clients premises
- Develop and implement strategic briefs for design guides /standards to meet the client objectives and brief client departments accordingly.
- Provide full feasibility studies of costed initiatives / projects to reduce energy and water usage and/or supply (i.e. embedded generation/ CHP).
- Provide monitoring and verification through the full cycle of the project to achieve cost and energy efficient solutions.
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures to achieve economic cost in use
- Maintain a current level of utility market intelligence through networking, seminars and industry training.
- Understand Utility supply trading arrangements and build a rapport with all local providers.
- Analyse Utility profiles and benchmark against known data.
- Liaise with The Energy Bureau to ensure energy management reports are issued to the Clients specification.
- Engineering or Applied Science degree in an energy related subject or equivalent.
- Member of or working towards membership of relevant professional institute, e.g. Energy Institute, CIBSE, IEMA
- Qualified Low Carbon Consultant (Desired not essential)
- 5 Years Experience In Energy Management/Building Services
- Knowledge of AM&T techniques, experience of building certification schemes such as BREEAM and LEED
If this role is of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218