Mechanical Shift Engineer
You will be working for one of the largest Facilities Maintenance Companies in the UK. They are looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician to work on commercial sites around the Chessington area. They are a well known global company who specialise in the Commercial, Industrial, Retail, Government, Healthcare and Educational sectors
Working on large Medical site.
This is a permanent, full time role working 37.5 hours a week 7 Nights on then 7 Nights off
On offer will be a salary of £26,000 to £30,000 per annum plus a monthly shift allowance dependant on skills and experience.
This role will report into the Team Leader.
The main purpose of this role is to undertake planned, preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with the running of a large hospital. To work shift patterns as determined by the role.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within the site for the service provider.
- Undertake any training as required
- Promote a culture of customer service to both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post
- After suitable training and guidance diagnose faults, repair and maintain complex equipment in accordance with Health Technical Memorandum (HTM’s) and other specialised hospital equipment.
- Carry out the work of other trades where there is an interface to the work in hand with a level of competence that’s outside core trade.
- To carry a radio or pager to facilitate immediate response.
- Work in highly unpleasant working conditions, unblocking drains and sewers, which include biological hazards of body fluids and noxious fumes.
- To work safely on steam and hot water systems
- To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A recognised CITB apprenticeship or approved equivalent and City & Guilds
- Craft Certificate relevant to the trade or similar recognised trade certificate
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ or relevant experience.
- Corgi Qualification would be desirable
- Relevant trade experience
- Working in a hospital environment on specialist hospital equipment would be an advantage.
If this is of any interest please apply with your CV or call Sarah on 01745 77 22 18