Project Manager - Disruptive Works
Project Manager - Disruptive Works
Working for one of the world's leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250 the company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
They are currently looking to recruit a Projects Manager focusing on disruptive works. The role will involve all aspects of projects management from procuring Materials and resources, running of the day to day sites, financial forecasting and cost applications. The role is primarily office based, although some site visits will be necessary.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the programme's governance arrangements;
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects.
- Managing the project's budget on behalf of the Programme Manager, monitoring the expenditures and costs, through liaison with the commercial Team
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to individual projects;
- Managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
- Managing third party contributions to the project.
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome.
- Reporting progress of projects at regular intervals to the programme manager.
- Management of H&S of projects including on site audits.
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Providing aftercare services to the customer.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project management with a demonstrable experience in the facilitation and production of work scopes and programmes.
They must be:
- Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package
- Competent in the use of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project desirable
- Possess an appropriate CSCS Card
- Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the often disparate members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of project management approaches, such as PRINCE2, would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Flexible in approach to solving issues and delivering programmes
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Degree qualified with Corporate Membership of a construction or services related institute preferable e.g. RICS/CIOB/RIBA/CIBSE or APM Membership.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- HNC in mechanical/electrical building services or similar
- Demonstrable previous experience managing a PPM system
- Must have a technical qualification in mechanical engineering
- Previous experience in managing a team is essential
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Able to work in a demanding, and busy environment
If you are interested in this role please apply with your updated CV or if you would like more information call Paul Howes or Jamie Goodwin on 01745 772218