Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer - Mansfield
You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 12,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £1 billion with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repair and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centres, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures and healthcare
They are currently recruiting a mobile commercial gas engineer for their newly acquired rail industry contract. The role is covering various sites inclusive of offices, cabins and some industrial facilities between Sheffield and Nottingham. The commercial gas engineer will be responsible for servicing all on-site commercial heating systems inclusive of boilers and AHUs.
Commercial Gas Engineer Responsibilities:
- To undertake commercial gas and mechanical works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake commercial gas, electrical, mechanical, fabric PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORt1 etc
- Electrical and / or mechanical experience would be advantageous. (17th Edition/18th Edition, F-Gas etc)
- Having qualifications in more than one field is desirable.
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence Essential Qualifications / Skills
Offered package for commercial gas engineers:
- Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Company vehicle, fuel card, pda etc.
- 25 Days holiday plus Statutory
- No Call Out
- Paid travel time
- Overtime opportunities
- Company Pension & healthcare
- Unlimited budget for future training
If you are a commercial gas engineer looking for a new role please apply with your CV or get in touch with Joe on 01745 772218.