Our client is recognised as one of the leading facilities, energy and project management providers in the UK & Ireland. The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK and globally where they have over 400 offices and employ over 70,000 people
General overview of Account Manager role:
- To manage the contract and the contract team in the most effective manner.
- To provide professional technical advice and support to the contract team.
- To ensure that the engineering and soft services are maintained to a high standard and in full compliance with all statutory, mandatory and contractual requirements.
- To ensure that records are maintained to support the works carried out.
- Lead, direct and motivate the contract team to enable contribution to the best of their ability and maximise their potential
- Responsible for the management of the service delivery which meets/exceeds the needs of internal and external customers of the contract.
- Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with budgetary and quality constraints and in line with agreed service levels.
- Ensure effective working relationships are enhanced with key stakeholders by regularly exceeding the standard of work delivered and coordinating all hard services activities across the sites.
- Fully support the Account Director/Manager in all aspects of contract delivery and future growth.
- Grow business reputation and longer term business opportunities through effective client relationship management and customer service excellence.
- Ensure financial budgets and commercial/SLA obligations are achieved /exceeded.
- Celebrate success and drive continuous improvement with the teams, ensuring interface between Soft and Hard Service Teams at all levels to deliver as one team.
- Develop staff and ensure all have been provided with the mandatory and best practice training required to enable them to have the capability to carry out their roles.
- Plan for further succession planning.
- Leadership and Management
- Deliver own key Role Objectives (as captured in TOP3 Leadership Framework) : Financial, Customer, H&S/Zero Harm, to support the achievement of company objectives
- Foster a positive working environment of continuous learning, growth, innovation and calculated risks to attract and retain high calibre people.
- Identify talent management opportunities and develop a succession plan for the Team
- Exhibit self-confidence, energy, and drive rewarding and developing talent whilst seeking opportunities for personal feedback or self-development
- Deliver effective performance management practices, ensuring the completion of quality driven annual reviews, objective-setting and training plans
- Ensure that Managers manage and recognize both good and poor performance as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate authorised personnel are trained and in place within the contract
- Demonstrate Company Values & Behaviours, acting as a role model to others.
- Managing Resources
- Ensure that appropriate systems and controls, with standardisation as required across all sites, are in place relating to the work practices of internal engineers and sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensure that the integrity of the systems are achieved i.e. HV, Boats, Simulators etc.
- Contribute to the process of `tendering contracts and the selection of new sub-contractors and suppliers through liaison with the Procurement teams
- Relationship Management
- Demonstrate excellent Customer skills with an ability to manage customers' expectations.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders - Focus, DOE, NMCI, Suppliers, Sub-Contractors, staff and staff representatives
- Develop a highly satisfied Customer through regular client and customer meetings, promptly implementing actions.
- Develop effective working relationships with functions, business partners, suppliers and subcontractors to improve operational performance
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status
- Qualified to degree/HND/HNC level in an engineering discipline, with a sound managerial track record for past 5/10 years
- IOSH or equivalent managing Health and Safety.
- A comprehensive understanding of the maintenance requirements for all elect