Air Conditioning Engineer
We are recruiting on behalf of one of Europe's largest FM service providers who have a strong presence in the FTSE250 and employ over 25,000 Skilled workers and support staff.
The role will be based at the MOD estate at Travellers Hill, Ascension Islands.
Responsible for providing mechanical support to the PC ISP Ascension Island operation by carrying out air-conditioning and other tasks within his or her area of responsibility.
- To install, maintain, service and recover refrigerant from air conditioning, freezer and chiller systems and appliances. Includes minor electrical works.
- Installation and maintenance of all domestic Hot and Cold Water services including appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks, toilets, baths, water pumps, solar panels, air con etc.
- Provide support and assistance to the Help Desk on break downs on systems listed above reporting any defects or defective equipment to your line management.
- Undertake pre-planned maintenance, inspection and repairs on mechanical installations i.e. sewage treatment plant.
- Provide on call cover during out of normal working hours (on call) on a roster basis. The role also requires you to undertake the following secondary duties:
- This job description is not exhaustive and you are expected to be willing to undertake other work of which you are capable and for which you have trained or will receive training from the Company.
- Stand in for team colleagues during periods of absence as required
- To contribute to effective contract performance by working closely with all the teams/team members to support the implementation of company policies and strategies in order to achieve the business objectives. Attendance at meetings and briefings as directed by your Line Manager and Account Manager
- To identify the hazards and safe working practices for refrigerant handling, stationary refrigerants, air conditioning and heat pump system components, functions and leakage risks.
- To fabricate and examine pipe work, and undertake pressure testing, evacuation, charging, recovery and record keeping
- To develop and foster positive relationships with the management team to ensure works are implemented and ensure timely reporting of management information is achieved.
- Proactively manage works to ensure the consistent application of quality high standards demanded by the Contract.
- Ensure all Engineering Standards, Practices and Procedures as directed by the Contract, Civil and MoD Regulations and Company Procedures are implemented and maintained.
- To provide support to visiting contractors as required.
- To assist the Discrete Works team in the production of IA’s and costed design schemes.
- The ability to form integral part of team delivering new works and projects on time, to specification and within agreed budgets.
- Level 3 RQF F gas handling and competence certificate for Category I
- City & Guilds Level 3 Cert Electrical Installations
- GCSE in English and Maths (Grade C and above) or equivalent
- To have attained, or be working towards, an NVQ level 3 in air conditioning.
- Certification under the City and Guilds Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations: Category 1 (2079-11) or CITB scheme.
Salary paid p/a, monthly site allowance and a bonus paid at the 13th and 27th month. 47.5 Hours per week. The contract is a fixed term of 27 months unaccompanied with 74 days leave excluding weekends which can be taken at any point during the 27 months. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company’s expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Ascension Island
- Full Time
- Hours worked per week - 47.5 hrs
- 74 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Ascension Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = 27 months
- Site allowance: 5%
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
If this role is of any interest please apply with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218