You will be working for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
Our client is currently looking to hire a multi-skilled carpenter to work in one of Norwich’s most prestigious and highly recognisable education sector facilities.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and janitorial tasks and will report to and support the lead mobile engineer and assist mobile engineers as required in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks.
Multi-skilled Carpenter Responsibilities:
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (Plumbing, fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Supporting external landscaping when required
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Formal trade qualification in Carpentry & Joinery (NVQ or C&G)
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson with a plumbing bias
- Experience working on HVAC systems is desirable
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
Multi-skilled Carpenter Package:
- Full time and Permanent role
- £23,000 - £27,000Hours: 40 hours per week
- Holidays: 33 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Unlimited budget for training
- Opportunities for progression
If you are interested in this multi-skilled carpenter position please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell or Jak Walsh on 01745 772218