£30,000 - £33,000
You have the opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading and most innovative facilities management companies. They provide hard and soft facilities management for a mixture of corporate and public sector clients across the UK. They provide building services to offices, commercial properties, retail sites, schools, universities, hospitals, hotels, laboratories, luxury residential units and historic listed buildings.
The successful Maintenance Electrician will join the established team of field based engineers who support the client's commercial contracts.
The Maintenance Electrician role will be mobile, carrying out service, maintenance, fault-finding and repair of commercial M&E systems across their multiple commercial sector contracts covering the Birmingham area
The Maintenance Electrician will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Organise and assist in reactive repairs and PPM's to the sites M&E systems (BMS, Fire, Air Conditioning, Generators and LV Electrical Distribution and Switch Gear etc ).
- Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Support or Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules.
- To respond to call-outs and cover emergencies as required.
- To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
- Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using various systems e.g. Logbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, eLogbooks, PPE, toolbox talks.
- Compliance with and record keeping for and all Quality Management Systems.
- Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- To install and repair plant as required and directed and respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues and requests associated with site.
- Attend and participate in any relevant training courses.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the core values of our client
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
Knowledge & Experience
- A wider building services knowledge would be an advantage
- Safe working practices in relation to 3 phase and single-phase electrics and applications
- Ability to maintain/ repair a range of mechanical equipment, e.g. fans, pumps and compressors to recognised standards
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work at heights, work in confined spaces etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- PC literate
- High degree of flexibility in working hours with willingness to work flexible hours over a 24/7 operation
- High degree of mobility to travel throughout the area
- NVQ level 3 - Electrical installation or equivalent
- City & Guilds 17th /18th Edition
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/5 (Desirable)
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Category 1 (Desirable)
- Hold a full UK drivers' licence
Maintenance Electrician Package
- Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Holidays: 31 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company van, fuel card, etc
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are a fully qualified electrical engineer and you are interested in the role please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell on 01745 772218.