Working for one of the world's leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250. The company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
Our client are currently hiring a number of Multi Technicians across the UK to support with the delivery of facilities support services.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and will report to and support the lead mobile engineer and assist mobile engineers as required in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week. You will be entitled to 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Minor building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- General office cleaning as scheduled for remote sites
- Cleaning of toilet facilities and replenishment of consumables for remote sites
- Other general cleaning or janitorial duties as requested
- Supporting external landscaping and cleaning as required
- Adhoc porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc)
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- NVQ in Carpentry/Plumbing/Painting and Decorating/Building etc
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
- Salary: £25K
- 23 Days Holiday plus statutory
- Overtime opportunities
If you are interested in the position please apply with your CV or call and ask for Jamie on 01745 772218