Assistant Estates Manager
Initially 6 months interim - ongoing/potential perm position
Working for one of the UK's largest and well known facilities management companies who turnover £3.5 billion in the UK and £16 billion worldwide,. They are responsible for a number of large prestigious contracts / buildings within the UK and around the World. They employ engineers, help-desk and back house support of facilities maintenance among many other positions. They have over 20,000 UK based staff on over 26000 UK sites.
They are now looking to recruit for an Assistant Estates Manager for they Birmingham based Healthcare contract.
- Directly accountable for day to day matters to the Technical Services Managers.
- Deputise for the Technical Services Managers during absence from site as directed by Senior Management Team
- Ensure that Planned and scheduled preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system or other works management system, are compliant with Statute, Contract Requirements, Regulations, ACOP's and Guidance (HTM's).
- Assist the Technical Services Managers undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost effective service with reference to the contract SLA's.
- Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assistance with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, stock, contracts etc.
- Ensuring that all staff and subcontractors' response and rectification times are understood and agreed and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care, without undue delay, to the required standard and documented correctly.
- Carry out inspections and audits of both in house and 3rd party staff to ensure compliance with Contract Requirements, in a timely manner, to the required standard and documented correctly.
- Managing and resolving incidents of non-compliance with Contract and Company Requirements.
- Regularly meet with directly employed staff (collectively irrespective of their trade function and individually), subcontractors and suppliers to discuss performance.
- Responsible for the safety of plant, equipment and infrastructure, compliance documentation and for safe working practices.
- Ensure adherence and evidence of all Statutory Standards and Regulations and Department of Health requirements.
- Involvement in the process of tendering contracts and the selection of new sub- contractors and suppliers.
- Attend as required Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis. Ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner to enable Lifecycle Planning to be developed.
- Assist in the Production of condition surveys and subsequent action plans in a timely manner allowing milestone targets and goals to be achieved.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Technical Services Managers and all Senior Management any unsafe working conditions, working practices, unsafe plant or equipment encountered during the execution of duties including reporting on the company CID system.
- Responsible for the execution of any other estates and facilities related duties in an emergency/urgent situation, as directed by the Technical Services Managers or Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for participating in the 'on call' rota as and when required, as directed by Senior Management.
- Responsible for supervision and participating in a 'recall to work' procedure for emergency repairs as required when not on call.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Ability to show understanding of statutory maintenance requirements, legislation, Health Technical Memorandums, Health Building Notes and other technical documentation.
- A sound knowledge of standard spreadsheet packages and computerised estates and project management systems. Must be able to manage people, be self- motivating, able to work on own initiative, liaise and delegate effectively with staff operating in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements will be required.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
- City and Guild or equivale