Water Hygiene Engineer
Water Hygiene Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Engineer to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing electro/mechanical tasks to meet clients’ agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a mobile, field-based position.
- To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
- To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites.
- Maintain customer’s water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
- To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
- Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
- Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8 with guidance for the Water Technical Manual.
- Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
- Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
- Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water.
- Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
- Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
- Comply with time allocations for specified work.
- To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer’s sites and adequate levels of chemicals and materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
- Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
- To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
- Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
- Carry out a daily vehicle report and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
- Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computers, destiny pens) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
- You will be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers of Interserve.
- You have a personal responsibility for your own health and safety and that of other people affected by the work you do.
- Report any potential hazards arising from your work to your Line Manager. Report all accidents, incidents or near-miss incidents to your Line Manager and also via the Interserve’s accident reporting system.
- Follow the requirements of all safe working procedures.
- Wear all PPE correctly, as per company issued requirements and site-specific requirements.
- Any other reasonable task requested by your manager in line with responsibility of role and grade of job.
Knowledge skills & experience
- A technical background relating to plumbing.
- Previous experience within Compliance Servicing, Legionella Monitoring or Water Treatment is desirable.
- Understanding of Water Systems would be desirable.
- Basic IT skills, preferably with Microsoft package.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
- Understands the importance of, and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Be a strong Team Player.
- Experience in an analytical role is desirable but not essential.
For more information please call the office on 01745 77218 and speak to Kathy