Fabric Engineer/ Handyperson
You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 12,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £1 billion with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repair and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centres, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures.
The successful Fabric Engineer will be responsible for looking after multiple retail facilities between Leicester and Tamworth.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and janitorial tasks and will report to and support the lead mobile engineer and assist mobile engineers as required in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks.
Fabric Engineer Responsibilities
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Minor building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- General office cleaning as scheduled for remote sites
- Cleaning of toilet facilities and replenishment of consumables for remote sites
- Other general cleaning or janitorial duties as requested
- Supporting external landscaping and cleaning as required
- Adhoc porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc)
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- NVQ in Carpentry/Plumbing/Painting and Decorating/Building etc
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
Fabric Engineer Package
- Salary: £23,000
- 25 Days Holiday plus statutory
- Company vehicle, PDA
- Door to Door travel time
- Unlimited Budget for training
- Overtime opportunities
If you are interested in this role please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell on 01745 772218.