Multi-skilled Maintenance Electrician
Mobile Multi-skilled Maintenance Electrician - Birmingham
You will be working for a national provider for facilities maintenance that has established a strong reputation for good service to their clients for over 20 years. They are specialists in M&E maintenance and operate all across the south of England and the Midlands.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a multi-skilled electrical maintenance engineer in the Birmingham areato support with the delivery of various facilities management contracts that include blue-chip companies and commercial offices
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company’s PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Participation in the call out rota
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Electrical with good Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services)
- Experience of operating a BMS system is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage.
- Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Qualifications / Skills
- C& G 2361 Parts 1 & 2 Preferred
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations preferred
- C&G 2391 or 2394/5 is desirable but not essential
- Excellent Building services experience
- Excellent mechanical knowledge Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services
- An additional trade qualification would be beneficial. (C&G F-gas/ NVQ Plumbing)
- Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
- Company vehicle, fuel card, pda etc.
- Overtime opportunities
- Paid travel time
- Company Pension
If you are interested please apply with your CV or call Joe on 01745 772218.