Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer
We are working with a successful, medium sized facilities management company based in Birmingham Our client specialises in providing M&E building services to the commercial and industrial market sectors.
Our client is a national M&E service provider working with clients in the retail, education, transport, and healthcare sectors.
The Role of the Commercial Gas Engineer:
Our client currently looking to recruit a commercial gas engineer to cover their Midlands based contracts. The successful engineer will cover the planned and reactive maintenance, with some small project works in various colleges, universities, pubs, retail sites, warehouses, garages and corporate offices
- Carrying out maintenance inspections, servicing and fault finding on various combustion plant, such as Natural gas fired Central Heating, Warm Air-heaters, tubular radiant heaters, hot water Calorifiers, etc...
- Carrying out maintenance inspections, servicing and fault finding on various Plumbing plant, such as pipework systems, plumbing and Sanitary Waste water, etc...
- Attending Reactive, Diagnostic and Repair calls to gas appliances and plant.
- Completing associated gas certification and documentation in line with industry/client requirements.
- Liaising with the office for labour requirements for all repairs to enable quotations to be generated.
- Liaising with suppliers to help assist the office with obtaining part information.
- Proactively keeping the company fully up to date with all current Gas Safe Legislations.
Experience & Competencies Required:
- Applicants must possess at least a minimum of 5 years practical experience in commercial Gas Safe service, maintenance, fault finding and repairs.
- Applicants must hold the following commercial gas qualifications as a minimum - COCN1 Core Commercial Gas Safety, ICPN1 Installation First Fix on Commercial Pipework, CIGA1 Indirect Fired Commercial Appliances, CDGA1 Direct Fired Commercial Appliances, CORT1 Overhead Radiant Tube & Radiant Plaque Heaters, TPCP1a Tightness Testing & Direct Purging of Pipework not exceeding 1m³ in volume.
NOTE: - The successful candidate must have two years or more left on all above Gas Safe qualifications
- Experience/knowledge of Oil & LPG appliances would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience/knowledge of the installation of commercial combustion products would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience/knowledge of electrical/controls and commercial plumbing installations is essential.
- A thorough knowledge of a wide range of commercial gas heating installations and systems is paramount.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A Good Team Player.
- Full Driving Licence.
Our clients' scope of works is varied, so from time to time we will require all engineering employee to work outside of their allocated job description.
Commercial Gas Engineer - Package:
- Salary Package: Circa £34,000
- Paid travel time, Company van, fuel card
- Company benefits
If you are interested in this role please apply with your updated CV or for more information please contact Joe Campbell on 07944 947028 or email Joe@HVACRecruitment.com