Static Air Conditioning Engineer
Static Air Conditioning Engineer
You have the opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading facilities management companies; a company that is recognised on a global scale for both hard and soft FM services. They work with multiple market sectors inclusive of defence, education, financial services, food manufacturing, retail, local authorities, hotels and leisure.
Position Overview - Static Air Conditioning Engineer
Our client is recruiting for their newly acquired blue-chip financial sector contract. They are currently looking to recruit an on-site air conditioning engineer at one of their prestigious sites in Leicester. The site consists of multiple data centres and office blocks.
They are looking for a multi-skilled air conditioning engineer to cover the on-site mechanical ppm and reactive maintenance. You will be working on a variety of equipment on-site, inclusive of HVAC, CRAC, electrical, plumbing and building fabric equipment.
This role is permanent and will involve working on a 4 on, 4 off continental shift pattern that will include both days and nights.
Air Conditioning Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance to a variety of Air Conditioning equipment, as per detail and requirement
- Carry out reactive repairs to Air Conditioning systems and equipment as per requirement
- Carry out installation work on Air Conditioning Systems as per drawings and requirements of the business
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company's PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
Skills / Experience
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Air Conditioning with good Electrical/Plumbing knowledge of building services)
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- Chiller knowledge would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage.
- Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Qualifications / Skills
- Must have completed a recognised C&G/NVQ time served Air conditioning apprenticeship
- C&G 2078 Safe Handling of refrigerants
- C&G 2079 F-Gas
- IPAF & PASMA trained
- Excellent Building services experience
- 17th/18th Edition Electrical Regulations (desirable but not essential)
- C&G/NVQ in Plumbing (desirable but not essential)
Air Conditioning Engineer Package
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Overtime opportunities
- Company Pension
- Opportunities for further training & development
If you are a qualified air conditioning engineer and you are interested in the position please apply with your updated CV or call Joe on 01745 772218