Working for large comoany who have over 200 data centres 14 countries and 5 continents.
You will be working as a facilities co-ordinator at the largest data centre in the UK and one of the largest in Europe.
*Data centre background preferable *
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with vendors to identify Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) needs and schedule in to the Computer Maintenance Management System database.
- Notify customers of PPM tasks by creating, updating and of issuing maintenance plans and works advice notifications, considering our customers’ critical business needs.
- Lead and manage the delivery of Planned and Reactive Maintenance tasks regarding building services infrastructure, in line with Digital Realty Standard Operating Procedures within the KPIs set out by the management team.
- Manage the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) encompassing responsibility for the job issue, data entry and report creation, tracking of task completion and customer portal/helpdesk related to planned and reactive tasks.
- Administer of the CMMS such as creation of asset and PPMs, setting up and maintaining user groups, archiving and database back-up and developing the system in line with the changing needs of the business.
- Ensure hard copies of job sheets and contractor report sheets are appropriately completed and filed, proving assistance during internal and external audits where needed.
- Progress contractor reactive jobs, through identification to completion through raising and placing of orders.
- Receive, organise, track, and provide updates on technical operations tasks from implementation to completion as required.
- Assist in the development of operating and capital budgets and reforecasts as needed.
- Assist with the Purchase Order process as required.
- Train and monitor use of the site property page on the company extranet
- Be responsible for ISO compliance in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure weekly reporting requirements have been submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure monthly reporting requirements have been submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure completion of monthly and quarterly Vendor KPIs are produced and reviewed.
- Ensure Vendor documentation is complete and periodically reviewed.
- Accurately record and monitor Employee Training Records.
- Ensure Uptime Redundancy Reports are maintained and accurate.
- Ensure the major maintenance calendar is correct at all times and service records are held against all visits.
- Ensure that all recommendations identified during service are tracked and closed out.
- Support and train staff as required in the use of INSITE.
- Ensure team training tracker is up to date and assign appropriate training
Essential Skills and abilities
- Computer literate with excellent standard of IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using a Computerised Maintenance Management System
- A team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and able to make sound decisions when needed, and take accountability for outcomes
- Analytical and logical problem solver, with ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Willingness to support other sites, both by phone and email as well as occasional visits.
- 25 days annual leave
- Rewards and recognition for performance
- Dental care
- Wellness program
- Pension Life assurance
- Income protection
- Retail vouchers
- Restaurant discounts
- Season ticket loans
Must have previous experience as facilities co-ordinator
If you are interested in this role as facilities co-ordinator apply with CV or contact Kirsty at HVAC recruitment