Service Manager (HVAC Biased)
Service Manager (HVAC Biased)
Up to £40K
We are working with a well-established air conditioning contractor based in Walsall. Our client has been established for over 20 years specialising in design, installation, service and maintenance of air conditioning, ventilation systems and over door air curtains. They work with a variety of clients from various market sectors inclusive of retail, commercial, industrial, leisure and domestic premises.
They are currently recruiting for a service manager to manage their various accounts across the UK, dealing with both the engineering and client sides.
The ideal candidate for this role will be in a similar service/contract management position, however candidates looking to progress will be considered.
Service Manager - Responsibilities
- Manage air conditioning, ventilation, heating and plumbing services, scheduled maintenance and warranty call services for various clients throughout the UK and Ireland (North & Eire).
- Client /Account management skills essential
- Attend and report on client meetings.
- Provide quotations for service, maintenance, TM44 inspections.
- Procure subcontract labour, materials and ancillary items.
- Monitor reactive out of hour's telephone answering service.
- Create Risk Assessments & Method Statements from templates.
- Management of Administration staff.
- Build Sales and drive department forward.
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated, personable and able to work independently and as part of the company team.
- Liaise effectively at all levels.
- Prepared to react quickly and effectively in various situations on and off site.
- Take a proactive role within the family owned company.
Service Manager - Requires Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant air conditioning and ventilation qualifications essential.
- Previous experience within the air conditioning industry and relevant legislation knowledge is essential, with knowledge of major suppliers/equipment within the market.
- Electrical and Health & Safety qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Would suit experienced refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.
- Management experience.
- Candidates will have a proven track record of building strong professional relationships and project management.
- The successful individual should have excellent written and verbal skills, be fully IT conversant and must be competent with working with building management systems.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, confident, personable and confident with excellent customer focus.
- A team player is essential.
Service Manager Package:
- Basic salary circa £34-40K negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Company car.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Private health scheme after 12 months service.
- 20 days annual leave with additional day for every full calendar year worked to a maximum of 25 days and Bank/Public holidays
If you are interested in this service manager role please apply with your CV or call Joe Campbell for more information on 01745 772218