Maintenance Plumber/Mechanical Engineer
Our client who are a large facilities maintenance service provider are looking to recruit an experienced and committed Mechanical Plumbing Engineer with a high work standard to support their contract at a prestigious site in Edinburgh.
The Post holder will have the required maintenance skills to ensure the safe and continuous operation of Mechanical engineering services and building plant as part of a flexible team responsible, through the line Management Structure of Supervisors to Head of Estates.
You will also be involved with the maintenance and minor works service covering a wide and varied range of mechanical equipment servicing large industrial units such as dual fired boilers and heating and ventilation distribution equipment. Heating equipment (pumps, control valves, radiators) ventilation equipment (fans, heating/cooling coils, Humidification) Domestic Hot Water equipment (calorifiers, safety devices) compressors, manifolds for medical gases, Building Management System control equipment. Work involves the use of analytical test devices, specialist tools, workshop fixed equipment, portable electrical equipment, welding equipment, emergency generators, medical gas equipment (patient use) suction units, geared drives.
Experience of building service systems, technical services provision and general maintenance would be an advantage, however, training will be provided.
- Actively participate in the operation and control of all engineering planned maintenance schemes.
- Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required.
- Undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities at the request of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Supervisor and M&E Services Manager regarding plant or equipment failures.
- Undertake fault finding on complex medical gas systems, low pressure heating water systems, critical systems and equipment and pressurised steam systems. Using cause effect analysis and detailed examination to gain a solution and use of all relevant drawings and schematics.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, inspections, commissioning and testing in accordance with published procedures, completing all report sheets and test certificates as necessary and mark up any drawing alterations
- Use of all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works ensuring full compliance with Engie Guidelines and Controls e.g. Risk Assessment, Site Safety, Fire Safety, Control of Infection and Hazardous Substances.
- Obligation to undertake training where necessary to learn new techniques.
- Understand fully the inter-relationship between the various maintenance crafts.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 im Mechanical Engineering/Plumbing, Mechanical/Engineering apprenticeship C&G, Scotvec (SVQ3), or equivalent, C&G 9730
- L8 Legionella Awareness (Desired not essential)
- FGas would be an advantage but not essential
If this role would be of interest please apply online with you CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218