Engineering services Manager
£40000 - £45000/annum 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Engineering Services manager
Relevant Mechanical qualifications to C&G or NVQ standard, relevant apprenticeship qualification in mechanical engineering.
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 7.30am – 4pm
To attend customer’s sites and carry out planned preventative maintenance, remedial and breakdown works ensuring that the quality of technical work is of a high standard and in compliance with statutory requirements.
• Provide first line of defence emergency call out availability to intervene 24 hours, 7 days/week to resolve urgent operational matters across all contracts as part of a rota.
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance to Assets identified under relevant contracts.
• Attending breakdowns to assets across relevant contracts
• diagnosing faults to Assets identified under relevant contracts
• Ensure effective use of time and resources to provide an effective service to customers
• ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
• fitting new parts or repair old and making sure equipment is working correctly
• Sourcing & obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings when required
• managing stocks of supplies and equipment
• Housekeeping to a good standard
• making sure the works comply with legal requirements
• ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
• creating and maintaining maintenance procedures, H&S documents, reports
• assessing sustainability and environmental impact of projects
• Overseeing the maintenance and H&S of the local HV networks under our control.
• Completing work request paperwork accurately and in detail
• Communicating in written and verbal format to other members of TMSL staff
• Ensuring that all paperwork is submitted in good time as dictated by priority
• Completing of cost, time, resource (CTR) requests for estimating of works for submission to line manager
• Completing of leave requests in good time to line manager to help with work planning and on call rota.
• Experience working with CHP gas engines desirable
• Experience in small and large district heating networks desirable
• Experience in maintenance & repair for commercial pumps, motors & Valves
• Willing to learn and work on district heating systems large and small
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• An eye for detail and good design
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work well both as part of a team and on your own
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• A strong work ethic
• Reliable with integrity and humility
If this is of interest to you then please contact Sarah Evans on 01745 77 22 18 or email firstname.lastname@example.org