Maintenance electrician - temp
Electrical maintenance engineer
Temp 6 weeks - Immediate start
Working for a global FM company as an electrical maintenance engineer to cover sickness on a known site in Cardiff.
We are looking for an electrical maintenance engineer/M&E engineer to provide cover on site.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients' needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Ability to build positive relationships with the client
- Role Models enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourages others to do the same.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with Client in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment
- Demonstrates resourcefulness when acquiring additional professional expertise.
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- Project a professional demeanour with colleagues, clients and their customers
Personal Qualities & Experience:
- Previous experience as electrical maintenance engineer with building service background
- Industry relevant qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications C&G 2361 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- 17 th Edition as a minimum (18 th Edition Training supplied)
- Electrical Control Panel maintenance and repair desirable.
- Must be experienced in carrying out small electrical installation jobs as and when required.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Must be prepared to work out of hours when required and on a scheduled callout rota
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competent working knowledge of M&E or Fabric disciplines
If you are keen on this role as electrical maintenanace engineer apply with CV or contact Kirsty at HVAC FM 01745 772218