Commercial Gas engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer
£33 - £35K with excellent package and benefits
Working for a globally renowned Facilities Management company who have achieved turnover exceeding £1 billion and operating profits exceeding £20 million. They employ over 3,000 people in the UK and can offer not only offer long term job security but also the chance to progress your career if desired.
We are looking for a Commercial Gas to be based on a large commercial site, the role of the commercial gas engineer is to carry out routine planned maintenance and reactive maintenance on Mechanical equipment and general Building Services. Responsible for carrying out mechanical based maintenance duties, trouble-shooting, repair work and minor new works on a wide range of equipment and commercial premises within the establishments as directed. Some of the mechanical systems on the site are oil boilers, single pressure jets and double pressure jets.
Working with in a small team of commercial gas engineers on the site some of the other responsibilities while on site:
- Responding to mechanical breakdowns and emergencies providing rectification action as necessary in response to client work request as requested by IDL staff.
- Undertake programmed planned maintenance completing report on findings.
- Monitor and report failings to heating and hot water systems, adjusting controls to suit.
- Act as initial breakdown and emergency work as first response to meet clients’ needs and functions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Removing and replacing component parts of heating and other systems.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- Complete weekly time sheets and other associated IDL paper work.
- Bring to management immediate attention any unsafe conditions.
- Be part of an on-call rota for 24 hr call out system.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
For the role you will have one or more of the following;
- Hold a recognised mechanical qualification.
- Previous, relevant experience as a tradesman and preferably have worked in the maintenance sector with experience of PPM systems.
- Holder of a full and valid clean driving licence.
- Flexible in approach to current working methods.
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Responsive to emergency work situations.
- Fault finding capabilities.
- Swimming pool maintenance.
- Working at height off of Tower or fixed scaffolds, ladders ect
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV or call the and ask for Simon
#Commercial Gas Engineer #Mechanical Engineer #COCN1 #Oil Boilers