||JIB Approved Electrician
AM1 & AM2
C&G 2360 Electrical Install Part 1 & 2
C&G 2382 Electrical Installation level 3
17th & 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
C&G Test & Inspect 2391
L8 Legionella Water Testing
ILM 2 Leadership
|General Notes if Applicable
- 8 Subjects including English & Maths
- Achieved status as a JIB graded approved electrician
- C&G 2391 electrical testing and inspection
- C&G 2382 Level 3 Certificate, i.e.
- 18th & 17th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Achieved Status as a fully qualified time served Electrician, member of JIB, NVQ level 3 in electrical installation, City and Guild’s Electrician Certificate
- Practical skills test AM1 and AM2
- City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 and Part 2 in electrical installation competences
- ILM 2 Leadership and team skills
- CBRE QHSE team representative
- Water hygiene one day course (L8)
- Level 3, in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment (PAT)
- Experience of new commercial buildings and how to set contract up and liase with all parties in terms of base build issues
- Able to review RAMS, manage subcontractors and issue permits on complicated tasks
- Experience of internal QHSE meetings and representing team members safety concerns
- Varied practical experience, electrical, mechanical, joinery, basic plumbing, building fabric, fan coil units, ac system’s, air handling units, BMS systems and motors
- Experience of doing ppm’s and filling in and keeping up to date site activity books
- Experience of going into any building with limited information and learning how all equipment works
- Experience of leadership and running jobs, this includes team management, motivational skills, ordering materials, speaking to clients and other tradesmen etc.
- Experience of drawings and specifications associated with the construction industry
- Ability to work within the 17th edition electrical regulations
- Experience of working in commercial, industrial and domestic settings. Including houses, bars, pubs, factories, schools, colleges, offices etc.
- An understanding of health and safety rules due to working in a range of environments
- The capability to work under pressure to complete projects
- The ability to work on projects without supervision using my own initiative. Also learnt how to co-operate and work with co-workers and other trades people
Large FM Company Senior Electrical Engineer
04/2015 – Present
- Lead engineer for a year at a large shopping centre, role to maintain all mechanical and electrical assets on site this also included electrical project work from design to installation.
- Undertook all mechanical and electrical servicing this included setting up all aspects of the contract and snagging.
- Work on several office blocks in the Manchester area undertaking full mechanical and electrical maintenance. I have brought all the buildings I have worked up to a high standard in terms of highlighting problems, quoting and fixing faults.
- As a senior engineer I am virtually lefty alone to manage all M+E work including subcontractor’s, quoting, keeping client up to date, log books, permits etc.
Mitie Commercial Electrical Skilled
2010 – 2015
- Worked on Q-Park contract, looking after 15 car parks in the North West region. Working by myself doing varied maintenance work with the aim of bringing the car parks up to a high standard
- Transferred across to MTFM retail division. As part of a team, undertook ppm’s, reactive work on for example Boots, Primark and Lloyds Pharmacy. Varied work including fabric, electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Got offered a job internally looking after several commercial buildings and DVLA sites. Mechanical and electrical maintenance for the commercial buildings and full FM for the DVLA sites
Self Employed JIB Electrical Contractor
1996 – 2010
- Worked direct for several electrical contracting companies and then worked self-employed. The work was electrical contracting on the full range of sites and electrical equipment. This included all types of containment including metal conduit, different types of cable including micc and armored. I worked on the full range of sites schools, houses, factories, pubs. This work included 1st fix right through to completion of projects
D+S Electrical Apprentice Electrician
1992 – 1996
- Gained experience of all types of electrical installation (commercial, industrial and domestic) as they were a large JIB firm. Worked on schools, blue chip companies, paper mills etc.
Interests and other aspects
- I enjoy exercise, football and spending time with my friends and family