Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Covering 3 sites in Birmingham
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £40,000.00 Working
What We'll Give: We value your hard work and dedication, and to show our appreciation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Career growth opportunities through Career Pathways and MyLearning programs
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and broader healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com, and more
- Savings on your food shop with discounts at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, and other retailers
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets for your favorite blockbusters
- Cash rewards for spending, redeemable across a wide range of brands
- Free wellness, mindfulness, and exercise classes
- Shareable discounts and offers with friends and family
What You'll Be Doing: As a Electrical Maintenance Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Promoting a safety culture and operating in accordance with company and client Health, Safety & Environmental procedures.
- Ensuring the delivery and quality of electrical and mechanical planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks in adherence to client service level agreements, company procedures, and external accreditations.
- Proactively identifying and reporting potential hazards, rectifying where possible, and escalating to your line manager when immediate action is not feasible.
- Sponsoring efforts to develop core competencies, processes, disciplines, and sharing best practices within the site team.
- Conducting frequent plant room inspections and building walkarounds to identify faults or damage, reporting issues to the site helpdesk.
- Monitoring standards and behaviors of contractors and suppliers, informing your line manager of any contraventions, and stopping unsafe working practices.
- Attending contract and client site meetings, training courses, and networking events as required.
- Providing out-of-hours support as part of the call-out rota, including attending the site when required and updating your line manager on the situation.
- Daily monitoring and adjustments of the site BMS system in the absence of the site manager.
- Driving continuous improvement to minimize downtime and reduce associated maintenance costs.
- Attending out-of-hours emergency call-outs to the site as part of the engineering on-call rota.
- Complying with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager.
More About the Role: We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a drive and passion for delivering high-quality work. Key qualifications and experience include:
- Recognized Mechanical/Electrical apprenticeship.
- NVQ, City & Guilds L2 or L3, or equivalent in Industrial/Commercial installations.
- NVQ City & Guilds Level 3 or HNC in an Electrical Discipline.
- City & Guilds 2395 Electrical Inspection and Testing.
- IEE 18th Edition Electrical Regulations Certificate.
- Completion of Level 2 HSE e?learning ‘Working Safely’.
- Previous Responsible Person, Authorised Person, or Competent Person M&E experience.
- Sound technical understanding of M&E systems, including PPM, Reactive Maintenance, and Fault Rectification.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise confidently with colleagues and clients.