Commercial Gas Engineer
£38,000 - £42,500 + Overtime & On Call
Mon - Fri / 8:00am - 5:00pm
We have a number of fantastic new roles with a new client of ours, covering multiple large blue chip companies - industrial/commercial covering all aspects of installation, infrastructure and design. Our client is looking to recruit a Commercial Gas Engineer in the Gloucestershire and surrounding home counties.
The successful candidate will be expected to take charge of each site and manage all aspects of their work and develop a relationship with the client - this would be a very good role for a engineer looking to develop their time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance to statutory, mandatory, and contractual obligations
- Compliance to Safe Systems of Work including any Authority and Permits to Work
- Ensure training and competence assessments for Sub-contractors
- Act as RP for up-stream gas pipe work and assets.
- Assist in preparation for quotations and liaise with sub-contractors and clients to agree variable works pricing.
- To undertake heating/combustion maintenance reactive repair works as issued within set time frames to ensure client expectations are met
- To proactively identify and undertake heating/combustion maintenance works (reactive works not yet identified by the client)
- To undertake heating/combustion PPM works, within set time frames to ensure statutory compliance
- To undertake heating/combustion improvement works as required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic electrical fault finding
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of all plant room equipment
- Carry out on call duties as part of a rota
- Part of on-call engineer rota.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CNN1 Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT Central Heating Boilers & Instantaneous Hot Water Boilers
- CKR 1 Domestic Gas Cooking Appliances
- CODNCO 1 Changeover Gas Safety Form Domestic Gas To Commercial Natural Gas
- CDGA 1 Commission, Service, Repair & Breakdown Of Commercial Indirect Fired Heating Appliances & Equipment
- ICPN 1 Installation Of First Fix Commercial Pipework
- TPCP 1A Testing and Direct Purging Of Low-Pressure Commercial Pipework Not Exceeding 1m3 In Volume, 21mbar Operating Pressure
- TCP 1 Testing and Direct Purging Of Low-Pressure Commercial Pipework Exceeding 1m3 , In Volume, Up To 7bar Operating Pressure NG & 2bar LPG
- EFJLP 1 Electro-fusion jointing of MDPE Pipework
- OFT10-101 Domestic/Light Commercial Oil Firing Servicing & Commissioning of Pressure Jet Appliances
- OFT10-600A Domestic & Non-Domestic Oil Storage & Supply connected to Fixed Combustion Appliances
- OFT 10-201 Servicing & Commissioning of Oil-Fired Multi-Stage Pressure Jet Appliances
- NICEIC G3 Unvented Hot Water Systems, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance.
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Personal and Academical Training
- Competitive Overtime Rates
If you are interested in this role as a Commercial Gas Engineer please apply or alternatively, please call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Dom
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!