Our client who are one of the largest facilities maintenance outsourcing companies in Europe and employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone are now looking to appoint a Compliance Manager in the Telford area for a large PFI contract.
The main purpose of the role is to manage, plan and control all works within areas of responsibility in order to meet all statutory compliance and all contractual obligations to the client. To take responsibility for ensuring availability is maintained, running costs are minimised, income is maximised and property is used efficiently and effectively to maximise business productivity
- Responsible for the management of Engineers and support to school site teams. Ensure compliance in all statutory requirements backed up with comprehensive reporting and record keeping.
- Overall responsibility for building & maintenance budgets including capital spend and ad hoc projects and achievement of project delivery to deadline.
- Operate as the subject matter expert in relation to building fabric, capital projects and the delivery of maintenance activities.
- Management, mentoring and development of all technical staff supporting maintenance activities.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance resource structure.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance stores system.
- To develop and implement an effective maintenance planning system.
- To develop and implement an effective asset life management system. To include annual condition surveys and compilation of plans for client issue.
- To develop and implement an effective project management system. To include contract variations, life cycle works and recovery plans.
- To implement an effective document control system. Utilising fully all company policies and procedures.
- Implementation of energy reduction programmes to fulfill contractual target requirements.
- To fully support, and meet all company environmental and quality requirements.
- To deliver an effective maintenance audit regime for both in house teams and specialist subcontractors.
- To comply fully with all current UK and European Health & Safety Environmental Legislation.
- To comply fully with all companies and client Safe Systems of Work, Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Preparation of budgets, quotes, client and internal reports and audits.
- Attend client meetings as necessary.
- Active monitoring and rectification times in line with KPI and performance levels as set out in the contract.
- Review and manage the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Responsible for subcontractor management and activities demonstrating VFM and market testing.
- Drawing up and managing tender packages to fulfill additional works requirements within given time lines.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Proven managerial track record preferably within PFI environment
- Experience of the co-ordination of all maintenance in relation to the Building Services including building fabric and structure using internal and external resources
- Good knowledge and experience of Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental systems
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills to convince or impress others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavior change, with experience of managing multi-skilled engineering teams
- Experience in Life Cycle Planning/Costing
- Experience in minor design and preparation of as fitted drawings
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance and current legislation, regulations and standards, with experience of managing a sites statutory compliance
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and forward plan to avoid incidents or issues
- Qualified to a degree level/HND in an engineering discipline
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status
- NEBOSH or other Health and Safety qualification desirable
- Experience of working within educational environments
- AP/RP in HVC/Asbestos/confined spaces/water management
- Experience in computerised PPM
- 17th/18th Edition/Gas Safe qualifications
If this role is of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218 for more information.