Our client are one of the largest FM, construction, infrastructure and support services businesses in the UK. For over 50 years our sustainable growth has enabled us to invest in our business, the future of people and communities, and to deliver on major projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee the facilities management of the designated buildings and sites, ensuring completion of the work safely, to time, and contract requirement. To ensure that all budgets are maintained as part of the service delivery at each location
Job holder requires the ability to manage client relations, team management, and supplier management with a motivation to continuously improve all aspects of the operation and quality of service deliver. Produce reports on performance of Regional Team, respond to all site issues.
Overall responsibility for the Operational Delivery of all services within the Regional area and surrounding areas.
- Strategically manage the delivery of FM services, taking responsibility for performance, human resource management, quality and profitability
- Deliver and monitor the Service Delivery Plans and KPIs
- Establish, monitor and supplement resource levels to comply with contract requirements
- Facilitate the development of robust ‘risk management’ processes and procedures
- Support the Continuous Improvement Programme and identify issues to drive forward contract development
- Encourage, coach, support and manage the effective performance of people and develop them to meet the contract requirements
- Management of regional budget to ensure contract activity is completed to time and cost
- Monitor audits of works in progress and completed works
- Implement integrated policies on Quality, SHEQ in conjunction with corporate support teams and the clients requirements
- Ensure defined H&S responsibilities and accountability are established and regular reviews are undertaken.
- To successfully manage the delivery of Planned and Reactive Maintenance services in region.
- To develop relations and collaboration with client management teams to ensure delivery of contract.
- To generate efficiencies, savings and best value solutions within the Region.
- To successfully manage the delivery of Services in Region measured by KPIs and the Service Delivery Plan.
- The reporting of performance against contractual performance indicators and awareness of recovery system.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Closely liaise with colleagues to remain updated on of recent inspection data, work lists and asset standards.
- Ensure personal achievement and development plans/Appraisals for staff under their control are completed and reviewed each year, and ensure training requirements are delivered.
- All other job requirements as deemed necessary within the scope of the role.
- Ensure all opportunities for organic growth are presented to client
- Lead and motivate the team in order that they may develop to their full potential.
- Ensure that all staff in the contracts have completed a full induction and on-going training. In addition keep and make available records to this effect.
- Recommend, where applicable, staff who require further or more specific training which will be of benefit to both themselves and the Company.
- Employ best practices as outlined in the procedures to recruit, retain and motivate staff.
- Adhere to current government policies on immigration and working time directive.
- Seek and request opportunities to develop yourself.
- Ensure that adequate control measures are observed and that labour, uniforms and materials budgets are not exceeded except when authorised in advance by regional management.
- Ensure that Company deadlines are met for the accurate compilation of and delivery of documentation.
- Utilise resources effectively to meet objectives at minimum cost.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree in a relevant field or extensive experience in a similar Facilities role
- Experience of Managing a total FM Contract, preferably with membership of the BIFM.
- Considerable budgetary experience including both preparing and managing a budget
- Experience of managing a diverse team
- Excellent communication and reporting skills and ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- A pro-active, self managing individual with experience in making decisions within defined parameters
- First class customer service skills are essential, together with a positive outlook and flexible, team working attitude
- Health and Safety qualification and advantage
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999