Assist the Site Manager in the delivery of a high performing, effective and efficient Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment Service including the monitoring of a team of Trade Operatives and Sub-Contractors.
Responsible for the supervision of a team of trade operatives and sub-contractors delivering a wide range of Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment works. Responsible for the efficient use of resources and ensuring that, job planning, appointments, resource allocation, materials, plant and equipment are effectively utilised and continuously improved in accordance with service delivery targets. The Contract Delivery Supervisor is also responsible for bringing to the attention of the Site Manager any arrangements/proposals that will improve job control, operational performance, relationships with Clients representatives and maximise the utilisation of the Company’s IT system.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor fulfils an important role within the organisation, and ensures that the roles and responsibilities of Trade Operatives (including subcontractors) are adhered to.
The principle responsibility of the Contract Delivery Supervisor is to ensure their operatives and subcontractors deliver the requisite volume of works and that work and materials are effectively planned to ensure delays are not incurred.
Our Client has a number of Contract Delivery Supervisors supporting Trade Operatives and Subcontractors and are responsible for all activities undertaken by their Trade Operatives and Subcontractors. The Contract Delivery Supervisor will work closely with other members of the team to ensure work is executed in a safe manner and to the highest possible standards.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will promote team work at all times, with commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective customer focused service.
The Contract Delivery Supervisor will deputise for the Site Manager in their absence and will ensure performance targets and customer satisfaction is maintained and achieved in their absence.
The key objectives of the Contract Delivery Supervisor include:
- Providing support, mentoring and continual guidance for the team, reporting back to the Site Manager where needed.
- Ensure all activities meet with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care – Seeking further advise where appropriate
- Undertake appraisals to capture the development needs of each individual, with a focus on succession planning.
- To either mobilise or provide absence cover in accordance with your Job role and position within the organisation.
- Ensure the Site Manager is notified of any underperforming employees within the team so where applicable they can be coached/mentored/disciplined as required in order to achieve desired standards, appropriate time keeping, productivity and compliance with the Company’s values and employee handbook.
- Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
- Maintain minimum resource levels to achieve internal commercial and safety targets without compromising customer requirements
- Escalate any issue of concern/potential concern to the Site Manager as required to ensure a pro-active approach is maintained and service delivery is not impacted.
- Lead, motivate and direct your teams on all work streams to ensure high working standards.
- To ensure daily that the contract is delivered to the specific contractual requirements.
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety on site at all times.
- Ensure a high number of daily inspections are completed on Trade Operatives / nominated sub-contractors.
- To liaise with other members of the team to implement the most efficient and cost effective daily plan for operatives to deliver.
- Take responsibility and liaise with management to resolve any disparity in KPI results (internal performance V’s external). Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
- Work with the wider team to aid future decision making and possible improvements to service levels
- Adhere to agreed works planning and scheduling processes to achieve desired results
- Carry out frequent audits on materials used/booked out against work executed
- Carry out regular checks on plant in use on your contracts
- Take ownership for the swift and effective resolution of customer complaints - escalating issues to the Site Manager where appropriate.
- Ensure all trade operatives and employees are wearing official uniform and are well presented on a daily basis
- Ensure all vehicles are clean/tidy and correct stock levels are maintained
- Undertake training with engineers when instructed i.e. tool box talks, updates etc.
- Liaise with other Supervisors / Managers to effectively resolve any cross managerial issues within the contract.
- Ensure all works/requested information i.e. photographs, follow-ons, material requirements allocated to engineers through the Company’s IT system are correctly carried out and reported back to the office.
- Ordinary National Certificate or NVQ in a Building Services Trade ideally Electrical, Air Conditioning, Mechanical or Commercial Gas
- Scaffold Inspection
- First Aid at Work
- Gas Safety Awareness (Not Essential)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safe Working at Height
- CSCS Card