To provide support to the National Operations Director when required, and be the accountable person driving performance through the contract and technical compliance department to achieve set business objectives in turn meeting our contractual obligations to our clients.
Responsible as part of the OSC team for the CST function to ensure all processes, activities, SLAs, and compliance standards are continually achieved.
The engineering compliance supervisor is a key role providing specialised operational leadership across the contract support and technical compliance functions. The post holder will have significant expertise in managing high risk engineering outcomes in a manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or healthcare environments and will use that experience to help drive up standards.
Day to day:
Accountable for the Contract Support Team in the progression of the following:
- GRN of Materials within KPI’s
- GRN of Vendors within KPI’s
- Purchase Order uplifting
- Production of quotations for authorization in multiple client formats
- Technical Reviewing of work order documentation
- Remedial work quotation and facilitation
- Uploading of all Certification & Service sheets into Internal & External systems
- Clearly promote policy and procedures to ensure compliance with a range of engineering standards which include Legislation, ACOP, British, European and International Standards and industry best practice etc.
- Ensure that the required standards are being delivered upon by the individual contracts and the supporting supply chain.
- To provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the engineering and allied technical disciplines and provide high quality advice and guidance
- Act as a role model when upskilling new members of the team to provide them with the benefit of your experience – including documented support relating to coaching, feedback, performance management, 121s and development
- To work closely with operational and other business teams to put in place the appropriate standards, systems, processes, and ways of working to deliver excellence in engineering and allied technical disciplines, including mobilisation of contracts.
- Consider the use of technology/innovation to improve efficiency whilst maintaining standards in any matter relating to compliance across contracts.
- To be able to work closely with the operational delivery teams.
- Able to engage with clients and customers on complex technical issues
Skills and experience:
- Technical qualification in either Gas Safe, Refrigeration, Electrical, Water Hygiene
- Relevant Trade Qualifications or Apprenticeship
- Significant experience in a related Services environment (Manufacturing, Industrial, Healthcare, Education, Commercial facilities, and environments)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of working in the M&E, FM and TFM environments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc)
- Auditing Training or previous experience
- Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statement training or experience
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory, legislative requirements and British Standards as applicable
- An autonomous self-starter, self-motivated and well disciplined.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change