Our client provides hard and soft FM services, grounds maintenance and energy services for single and multi-site locations throughout the UK. We work across sectors including commercial, residential, education and healthcare, assuring our customers of high-quality, best value and a sustainable approach.
They are one of the largest family-owned construction, infrastructure and support services businesses in the UK. For over 50 years our sustainable growth has enabled us to invest in our business, the future of people and communities, and to deliver on major projects, housing schemes and facilities management for customers nationally. Ultimately, our approach is about making progress safely towards a sustainable future.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You will be part of the team who are responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive maintenance and reactive services throughout The Hospital Site in Orkney, which will be responsive, efficient, financially effective and to a high standard. You should possess good communication skills both written and verbal and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota.
The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative is essential and you will be expected to provide a flexible and efficient service to cover a wide range of mechanical and electrical plant and equipment in varied locations. In particular, you should have an in-depth knowledge of complex domestic water and Heating and Ventilation systems.
You will also be required to work flexibly. A working knowledge of current HTMs/SHTMs would be desirable.
- To ensure that the Facilities are maintained to the levels specified in the Performance Standards of the Project Agreement.
- To undertake planned, responsive, and cyclical maintenance work either independently or as assistant to a maintenance tradesman.
- Service and repair of lighting and power distribution systems.
- Reactive repairs to all types of lighting systems and power distribution systems.
- Service and repair of motors and pumps.
- Service and repair of fan coil units and associated systems.
- Service and repair to HVAC control panels.
- Service and repair of fire alarm systems.
- Competent on BMS control systems.
- Competent PAT tester
- To undertake maintenance duties in such a manner as to support the objectives of the Client and with respect for the dignity and privacy of the resident group.
- To ensure the safe operation of all plant, equipment and tools
- To operate at all times with safe working practices with due regard to Health and Safety
- Regulations, COSHH, Control of Infection, Waste Disposal
- To maintain asset histories, maintenance records and helpdesk reports, informing the administrator or tradesmen of any follow up action that may be required
- To take part in an On-Call rota providing 24hr, 365 day cover to the Facilities.
- To report all accidents and incidents as appropriate
- To provide support and assistance to other RFM personnel on site in the delivery of contracted services.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Management Team in connection with RFM’s operational requirements.
- Undertake new installation work, maintenance and repairs of engineering plant and services, including testing and routine fault location as instructed.
- Maintain efficiently run plant and equipment appropriate to the range of work.
- Carry out emergency lift release procedures, as and when required.
- Perform a wide range of work of other trades and be sufficiently skilled in the undertaking of multiple skills required in the maintenance of buildings.
- To participate in the out of hours “on-call” emergency call-out service; this involves lone working and making critical technical decisions.
- Be prepared to be suitably trained to acquire elements of other trade skills with the intention of reaching levels of flexibility and competence.
- Leave the workplace neat and tidy.
- To maintain and ensure the day to day efficient and safe working operation of all and electrical plant.