Data Centre Engineer - Electrical Bias
Romford - RM7
Continental Shifts - Days & Nights 7-7's
Up to £48,000 + £10,000/£12,000 of OT Per Annum (No Call Out)
Are you looking for a chance to work at a on behalf of the world's biggest FM provider?
Our client is currently looking for a Data Centre Engineer to join a team of 8 shift engineers at a large data centre based in Romford, East London. The site opened in 2009 and has been maintained by the FM provider for years since - the building has an array of kit which includes; UPS systems, generators, chillers and CRAC units - with one HVAP shutdown per year the site has operational AP's on site but is looking for people with previous HVAP experience however, it is not essential as training will be given.
Our client can offer 20 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension & perkbox, further qualifications (inlcuding High Voltage Approved Person) as well as a career succession plan.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Electrical Shift Engineer:
- Provide a reactive and proactive maintenance service
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with sub-contractors and external suppliers
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard
- Liaise with client/management
Qualifications and Experience for a Electrical Shift Engineer:
- Minimum NVQ/City and Guilds level 2 qualification in Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition
- HVAP (desirable but not essential)
- Previous critical experience (desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience working within FM
- Client-facing & well presented