Hull - £45,000
- HSE Manager General supporting the in-country Enterprise Accounts (EA) Platform HSE team
- Ensure a continued process of improvement and support in the standards of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) for the EA UK.
- Support implementation of the QHSE strategy for the EA UK Business in line with the CBRE GWS EA EMEA Strategic Plan and associated policies and procedures.
- Monitor, review and analyse QHSE performance within the in-country portfolio (including integrated management systems) and identify appropriate initiatives and differentiators to enable performance improvement.
- Responsible for implementing the companies QHSE strategy in accordance with ethical guidelines and corporate policies of both CBRE and the client
- Ensure systems / processes implemented across EMEA reflect the intentions of CBRE and the client and are in compliance with best industry practice (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001)
- Liaise with respective Account Management and Operational leads to ensure expectations are understood and delivered as far as is reasonable to maintain satisfactory management of potential risk exposures.
- Support the identification and management of QHSE risk across the UK Business, through the establishment of risk profiles and a risk register.
- Maintain and regularly review all related documentation in line with legal requirements. Provide updates and ensure documentation is easily available to all personnel, as well as provide training as and when required.
- Ensure up to date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained
- Promote the continued development of a strong embedded QHSE culture and high levels of employee awareness within the EA UK business. Lead by example and promote best practice at all times with regards to safety at work in all areas.
- Support the EA QHSE UK / Divisional QHSE Management team and facilitate necessary dialogue to resolve any resource conflict or related QHSE concern at account level.
- Maintain relationships with industry peers in both client and supplier organisations and develop a culture of sharing best practice and innovation through collaborative working.
- Support managers with investigations into health and safety accidents and near miss reports. Ensuring all events are fully investigated; root causes identified, and corrective / preventative actions agreed and implemented.
- Assist with the establishment, mentoring and coaching of account Risk Champions across the portfolio.
- Develop and support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE management.
- Compile appropriate performance reports and maintain performance monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvements.
- Ensure where required QHSE Project Support is fully compliant with Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015, the CBRE QHSE Construction Safety Procedure, and any specific Client requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (and equivalent), or above
- A good general education. A formal management qualification in health, safety management. Practical application of auditing and membership of IIRSM or IOSH at Diploma level.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the related field of QHSE.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing QHSE Management in a facilities management and/or construction/projects environment.
- Conversant with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001
- Knowledge of hard services engineering and soft services. (Desireable)
- Development of policy and process.
- Providing education and advice to assist operational teams.
- Monitoring and Analysis through practical application of inspection and auditing.
- Monitoring and Analysis of management system performance. Awareness of the International Standards in Quality, Health and Safety and the Environment.
- Accident/Hazard investigation and analysis to establish improvements and drive objectives.
- Assist and/or deliver training, of short duration QHSE topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate with a high degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to be able to problem solve, interpret complex issues and motivate others to work to the best of their ability is essential.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills.