Refrigeration Service Engineer
Our client has a vacancy for a qualified Service Refrigeration Engineer in Cornwall to cover supermarkets and small works.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To carry out reactive repairs on a wide range of commercial refrigeration systems
- To undertake preventative maintenance work as required
- To cover 24-hour call out on a rota basis
- To receive, respond and advise on calls passed from the Service Office
- To carry out or assist on installation work, when required
- To carry out commissioning at local level where required
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Capable of hands-on problem solving with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental issues.
- Relevant Refrigeration certification i.e., city & guilds in refrigeration
- Experience of CO2 Systems (desired)
- IT skills, Microsoft project, including excel, word and handheld mobile devises
£48,658 salary, based on:
- 42.5 basic plus optional average of at least 5.5 hours overtime
- £17 per hour basic rate
- £25.5 per hour overtime rate
- £1,755 pa call out (1 in 4)
- £2040 out of hours site attendance support
- Pension 8% including 5% contribution by Epta
- 20 days holiday pay is matched to your average earning including overtime
- Grade 1 engineer average earning in 2021 was £51,000
Door to door travel
33 days holiday - inclusive of bank holidays
Choice of van or crew cab
Fuel card & smart mobile phone
Cycle to work scheme
If you're interested in this vacancy, please apply with your CV or call Jak Walsh on 0208 092 6500