The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing electrical installations, repairs, maintenance and assistance on all associated electrical equipment to a range of customers and clients .
The role will include ensuring all statutory and mandatory PPM tasks are undertaken, carrying out site visits to reactive calls and making comment on operational issues and PPM/Lifecycle plan considerations. Control of visiting specialist contractors, producing quotations for repair and project work and supporting sub-contracted services will also be required.
Commitment to customer care, working collaboratively with colleagues, clients & customers is at the heart of what we do every day. We'll look to you to carry out minor/major installation projects and reactive call outs on all associated electrical equipment, general fault finding and repairs to electrical assets and services. You will also be required to maintain up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment within the site manuals both hard copy files and electronic.
Primary duties will include:
- Electrical Site Management
- Project Management of all electrical parts of the project on site, including site wiring and testing
- Electrical commissioning of Control Panels, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and preparation of electrical drawings
- Management of suppliers and sub-contractors on and off site
- Develop and maintain project installation programme using EXCEL or MS Project
- Preparation of internal project reports/maintain a site diary, reporting to Project Manager
- Site commissioning and client sign off and all necessary documentation
- Attend all site meetings and record minutes of meetings
- Interpreting drawings for fabrication and installation with approved electrical and mechanical subcontractors
- Health and Safety - Prepare a detail method statement and risk assessments and have up to date health and safety training certificates
- Building strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Work closely with our in-house design engineers
- Identify variations
- Provide weekly progress reports on all projects to the Company Directors
- Formulate operations and maintenance manuals with our in-house engineers
- Provide support in tender preparation on installations costs
- Maintain up to date Management Cards and Health and Safety certificates
- Provide operator training
- Proven post qualified experience as an Electrical Engineer within the building environment.
- Competent with the following software:
- Competent at designing the follow systems:
- Emergency Lighting
- Small Power
- LV Mains
- Fire (familiar)
- Earthing systems
- Competent at undertaking the following calculations: (using software where required)
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures.
- If this role would be of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999