We are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Engineer to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing tasks to meet clients' requirements in regard to the Legionella control programme on an automotive contract based in Derby.
- To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
- To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites.
- Maintain customer's water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
- To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
- Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
- Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8 with guidance for the Water Technical Manual.
- Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
- Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
- Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water.
- Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
- Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
- Comply with time allocations for specified work.
- To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer's sites and adequate levels of chemicals and materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
- Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
- To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
- Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
- Carry out a daily vehicle report and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
- Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computers, destiny pens) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
- You will be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- You have a personal responsibility for your own health and safety and that of other people affected by the work you do.
- Report any potential hazards arising from your work to your Line Manager. Report all accidents, incidents or near-miss incidents to your Line Manager and also via the Interserve's accident reporting system.
- Follow the requirements of all safe working procedures.
- Wear all PPE correctly, as per company issued requirements and site-specific requirements.
- Any other reasonable task requested by your manager in line with responsibility of role and grade of job.
- A technical background relating to plumbing.
- Previous experience within Compliance Servicing, Legionella Monitoring or Water Treatment is desirable.
- Understanding of Water Systems would be desirable.
- Basic IT skills, preferably with Microsoft package.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
- Understands the importance of and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Be a strong Team Player.
- Experience in an analytical role is desirable but not essential.
If this role is of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218