£36,000 - £39,000 + Overtime & On Call
Mon - Fri / 8:00am - 5:00pm
We have a number of fantastic new roles with a new client of ours, covering multiple large blue chip companies - industrial/commercial covering all aspects of installation, infrastructure and design. Our client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Pipe Fitter in the Gloucestershire and surrounding home counties.
The successful candidate will be expected to take charge of each site and manage all aspects of their work and develop a relationship with the client - this would be a very good role for a engineer looking to develop their time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabrication and installation of pipework including plastic, copper, steel, and stainless steel pipe,
- Ranging in size from small bore control pipes to 10”, (or larger) predominately on steam, heating and chilled water systems. Such pipe systems may be screwed, welded or fitted together using compression joints dependant on pressure and fluid.
- Installation and maintenance of plant and equipment associated with such piping systems for example pumps, valves, strainers and control systems.
- Installation of heating and ventilation plant including the installation of duct and other plant associated with the distribution system.
- Take responsibility and accountability for ensuring that task to which you have been assigned is installed and commissioned in a safe manner to the standards specified by the company and as per design.
- Take responsibility and accountability for maintaining the high health & safety standards set by the company on the task to which you have been assigned including ensuring that others working on this task are working to the same health & safety standards and are working safely.
- Ensuring that the task is carried out in an efficient and timely manner within the timescale allotted or the task.
- Minimise cost where ever reasonably practicable.
- Liaise and communicate with Project Engineers and others associated with the task to highlight and
- overcome issues that may arise and to update and inform as appropriate.
- Act as a representative of the company with the Client.
Qualifications and Experience:
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in pipe fitting or equivalent, (this may be industry certified).
- Understanding of, and experience in, working within the Construction Industry.
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Understanding timescales.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Driving License.
- Basic Engineering skills/experience preferable.
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Personal and Academical Training
- Competitive Overtime Rates
If you are interested in this role as a Mechanical Pipe Fitter please apply or alternatively, please call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Dom
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!