Large Static site in Newcastle
Out client is a leading global FM provider looking to hire a reliability engineer to cover their prestigious educational site in Newcastle
The Reliability Asset Manager is responsible for leading all Asset Strategy and Asset Care project delivery across a geography, with one of the key projects being to deploy the Maintenance Improvement/Optimisation programmes. In addition to deployment, responsible will include the maintenance design standards across the geography and for assessing sites at each stage of the deployment against these standards. As an ambassador of the Maintenance programmes, the post holder will also be responsible for coordinating, communicating and guiding the account based network of Maintenance Champions throughout the business to ensure they are kept updated on all aspects of the programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to on-Acct and Divisional teams empowered to execute the maintenance strategy for process improvement, productivity improvement and cost mitigation.
- Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability, re-engineer business processes to reduce cost and increase productivity and attain world-class levels of quality, through the development and implementation of training program(s).
- Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma; Yellow/Green Belt, Awareness and Foundation Trg to ensure tools / tactics are applied across the Geography
- Serve as a change agent in institutionalising Lean Six Sigma quality
- Constantly seek, share, and implement best practices
- Communicate progress on LSS improvement and engage with nominated Champions to ensure consistent message and a community spirit develops
- Partner with Finance to incorporate project savings into long-range financial plans and operating budgets—ROS, TWC target savings.
- Ensure that the standards of Maintenance are upheld in line with the GWS global standards and playbooks.
- Carry out Governance Deployment Assessments at Launch, Qualify and Certify stage as the Maintenance programmes are deployed at site.
- Develop and maintain a network with the account leadership teams to ensure that the Maintenance Metrics are being reviewed, understood and used by all site teams on a regular basis.
- Act as the conduit between account teams and the global standards design teams for queries, issues, escalations and feedback on the Maintenance programme.
- Identify opportunities to improve asset reliability, improve uptime and reduce costs. Utilise available tools and processes to gather and analyse asset data.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a technical reliability role or similar, in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Multi skilled engineering background
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of maintenance processes and tools used to analyse and manage asset reliability.
- Ability to read, understand and sketch technical drawings (machine and process) and literature to gather or present relevant work order information.
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
- High customer focus