Job Title: Senior Electrical Estimator
Location: Stirling, Scotland (Hybrid Working)
Salary: Up to £63,000 DOE
Car Allowance & Bonuses
Responsibility of a Senior Electrical Estimator:
• Reviewing tender enquiries and developing a bid strategy to give a competitive edge
• Supporting the bid team to achieve deadlines
• Attending and inputting to bid launch meetings
• Producing market competitive nett cost electrical services estimates for both traditional and non traditional bids in line with the Robertson Management System processes and procedures
• Carrying out accurate quantity take-offs for the purposes of estimating
• Checking externally produced bills of quantities for accuracy.
• inputting labour, plant and materials into Causeway estimating system to deliver first principles based estimating ethos
• lssuing and vetting material and sub-contact enquiries to support nett cost pricing.
• Liaise with the procurement department to obtain material quotations
• Inputting into tender adjudication / finalisation documents for senior management approval
• Inputting into gateway documents and gateway review meetings.
• Establishing value engineering opportunities to give out bids a competitive edge • Establishing risks within the tender scheme to mitigate our exposure
• Preparing and checking tender letters, technical notes and qualifications for issue
• Preparing benchmarking reports and data to support bids
• inputting bid data into CRM system where required
• Coach, mentor and assist with training junior staff in electrical services estimating to support development
• Comply with Robertson Management System procedures
• Other duties as required by senior management
????HND or equivalent level of qualification.
A construction /Engineering related university degree is preferable
MCIOB/MRICS is also preferable
Minimum of 15 years’ experience working within the MEP sector is essential.
Experience required within various sectors, education, health, student residential, commercial office , industrial and a range of project values from £1m - £200m. A background in either quantity surveying or electrical engineering would be an advantage
If this Senior Electrical Estimator role is of interest simply apply online or call the office on 0141 483 6600