Purpose of the role
To complete but not limited to; electrical and general maintenance servicing and repair works to both plant and building assets, across a number of government sites.
This is a Mobile role covering Shrewsbury and surrounding areas.
- Ability to complete statutory monthly PPM related tasks, outside of core skill set, as directed by the Service Desk.
- Undertake all tasks in line with current legislation and H&S Guidelines.
- Ensuring all assigned PPM’s are completed on time and in line with the agreed schedule.
- Comply with Company and customer policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance staff as and when required.
- Comply with all company procedures including adherence with all health and safety requirements
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Adherence to company security policies in relation to the use of IT equipment.
- Competent use of computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information, including hours worked, for each work request.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holders own level of demonstrated competence.
- Liaise with all staff to ensure standards are maintained in both work and administrative areas.
- Part of On Call rota to provide out of office support as and when required by management.
- Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as required during the course of working shift.
- Be aware of Business Continuity Plan for area of business.
- Completion of any other task as directed by management
Skills and Abilities
- 18th Edition
- L8 Understanding
- Experience in a similar role
- Full Driving Licence
- Valid Passport.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently
- To be able to work on own initiative and as required, as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as required.
- Ability to prioritise own and teams work load accordingly.
- Ability to communicate to a high degree both verbally and written.
- Operational knowledge of Permit to Work system.
- Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures.
- Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Ability to work as part of an On Call rota.
- To represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- HSE management in accordance with our Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Due to contractual requirements, the ability to pass designated security clearances is a pre job offer requisite.