To assist the SQS/Commercial Manager in providing commercial support, contractual and financial expertise on the contract and to assist in the effective management of the contract.
Carry out quantity surveying and commercial duties as required, which includes cost planning, estimating and tendering, procurement of contracts and agreement of T&C’s, cost reporting and working with the operational team in ensuring that the contract is administered properly and that financial targets are met through effective cost management.
- Knowledge of NEC 3 Contract and JCT contracts
- Analysis and reconciliation of cost data
- Assist in the effective procurement of services
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecast
- Assist in the validation of supply chain accounts
- Assist in the preparation of internal financial reports, including monthly cost value reconciliations.
- Assist in the monitoring of contract variations and pricing of proposed changes to the contract.
- Assist in the submission of quotations for additional major and minor works.
- Achieve agreed KPI targets
- Achieve PADP agreed objectives
- Support the Commercial Team in delivery of the core cervices Commercial aspects of the contract.
Any other duties that may arise from time to time at the discretion and direction of the Central Projects Director of projects and Contract Commercial Manager in support of the finance and commercial function on the contract.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Likely to have a minimum 5 years in similar commercial role
- Computer literate, with Excel expertise to a minimum intermediate level
- Basic understanding of finance and accounts
- Strong knowledge of contract law and familiar with forms of contract
- Mobile and available to travel between sites
- Good interpersonal communication skills and a team player
- Strong commercial awareness, with analytical approach and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work, and capable of working to deadlines
- Minimum HNC Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Pursuing an RICS or CIOB Qualification (or similar approved)