We are recruiting on behalf of our client who are a large well known name in the Refrigeration market particularly within the Supermarket sector.
They are looking to recruit an entry level engineer onto their trainee Refrigeration Engineer position.
to assist the case maintenance engineer safely deliver quality refrigeration cabinet maintenance in line with the required SOPs and risk assessments. To overall support the refrigeration contract. The main purposes of the role are to.
- Prevent refrigeration breakdowns
- Prevent refrigeration water leaks
- Improve the efficiency of the refrigeration equipment
- Support our clients to be compliant with cold chain processes
- Improve and maintain Hygiene standards.
- Support the overall refrigeration contract
- Liaise with the case maintenance engineer to ensure the planned activities are carried out to the client’s satisfaction.
- Perform case maintenance to the clients Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Assist the case maintenance engineer in replacing components where required.
- Assist the case maintenance engineer in completing fabric checks on refrigeration cabinets
- Assist the maintenance engineer in achieving efficient solutions to problematic issues
- Update internal systems such as Metrix and complete nightly audits capturing all work done highlighting any issues found.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with our risk assessments, method statements and that all activities is completed in line with our HSEQ policies.
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained, used correctly and safe to use, completing regular checks.
- Assist the case maintenance engineer maintain van stock levels
- Assist the business with other maintenance duties and requirements as and when required. For example, provide short term cover for case maintenance engineers when required.
- Experience working with refrigeration display cabinets. (desirable)
- F-gas (2079) category 4 (desirable)
- Knowledge of the basic refrigeration cycle (desirable)
- Can demonstrate basic competence in Electrical and Mechanical applications.
- Relevant or transferable skills and experience
- Full UK driver’s license.
- 44 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday on 11 hour night shifts
- £23,000 p/a
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Van
- Working towards becoming a qualified Refrigeration Engineer
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Discount Scheme (Gyms etc)