- The Engineering Manager is a senior role within the operational delivery management team providing Facilities Management & Energy Services a South West based Hospital
- The operational delivery of Facilities Management, energy efficiency, statutory and safety requirements included in the Contract in accordance with the Company policy and procedures, this including the engagement and use of all suppliers, specialists and sub contractors employed by the Company in the delivery of services.
- Preparation and implementation of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Plan (PPM) and the Reactive maintenance service as required by the Contract.
- Monitoring and reporting on the service delivery in accordance with the Contract particulars this including major & temporary repairs, latent building defects, unavailability, ad hoc reports and for ensuring the Contract deliverables, Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators are met. The Engineering Manager will liaise closely with the Operations Manager regards deductions that arise and the associated cost.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that suppliers, specialists and sub contractors are engaged in accordance with Company Policy and procedures, applicable policies and procedures, and the current Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and Regulations.
- Overall responsibility for the review, scoping, pricing, submission and completion of all small works and variations.
- Ensuring the operation and maintenance (O&M), drawings and room data sheets (RDS) are available, relevant and up to date.Ensuring that at all times that work is undertaken in an effective and efficient manner and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure that the companies Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies, standards and “Protect” are updated and complied with at all times. Actively promote a zero accident culture. Achievement of compliance with relevant legislation, the HTMs, Health &Safety, Quality Assurance & Environment
- Provide professional Technical specialism advice and knowledge to staff, senior managers, managers and those employed in delivering the work, and as required advice client and external agencies.
- Ensure HTM(s) and statutory compliance is maintained in accordance with requirements, the Contract, and Company procedures and systems and report accordingly.
- Ensure that training of staff is maintained as required by the services required within the Contract
- Ensure that specialists and sub contractors are engaged as required to meet the response times as the Contract and are available on a 24 hour x 7 day x 365 days/annual basis for emergency response.
- Ensure that all work streams falling under responsibility achieve or exceed the contract budgeted profit margin.
- Attending meetings as required with NHS and NIHG to review the service and negotiate agreement, with associated commercial impact.
- To establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with the client and customers, all staff, external agencies, specialist suppliers and all other relevant groups/companies
- To be responsible for the management and development of operational staff. 1
- To manage services to ensure that client’s needs are met in accordance with contractually agreed targets and service level agreements.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of supervisors and operatives in executing work and ensure necessary data is captured on all jobs and tasks as required by the IT processes.
- To ensure that the training and personnel needs of direct reports are met.
- Review and refine working practices to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with all operational teams.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by promoting the highest levels of service in accordance with company & NHS Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Adhere to stated company policies and procedures and carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes company values.
- HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Building Engineering Services.
- Engineering Technician status in one or more of the following disciplines IET or CITB or MECH Eng or other appropriate institutions.
- Knowledge and several years’ experience in electrical, mechanical and building services in healthcare facilities
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience operating as an Authorised Person in an engineering discipline to either HTM, JSP or other structured Safe System of Work.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering or Building Engineering Services
- Chartered or Incorporated status in one or more of the following disciplines IET or CIBSE or Mech Eng or other appropriate institution
- Working knowledge of PFI contracts and risk models
- Previous NHS Experience
- If this role would be of any interest to you please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999