Purpose of the job
We are currently looking for a Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Lead Engineer to work for one of our biggest clients, at a prestigious site in Cambridge. The purpose of the LEV Lead role is to manage all aspects of service delivery of the defined contract regarding LEV. This will include leading the LEV team in ensuring compliance through maintenance and thorough examination and testing (TExT) of all the accounts LEV assets, following all associated decontamination processes.
Main duties and responsibilities
Supporting all aspects of the accounts service delivery.
· Planning the LEV team’s priorities and work activities to ensure compliance of all the accounts LEV systems.
· Deliver TExT and maintenance activities as well as biological decontamination, KI Discus and DOP activities.
· To be the formally appointed responsible engineer for LEV within the team.
· Liaising closely with 3rd party specialists, site operations team, client and lab users to ensure service delivery and compliance of all the site’s LEV systems.
· Building and maintaining strong relationships with lab managers to ensure efficient communication for planning works.
· Accountable for ensuring high standards of documentation and records for all aspects of LEV management.
· To ensure logbooks and compliance systems are always up to date and audit ready. Reporting compliance status regularly to the Technical Compliance Manager, escalating any potential issues in a timely manner to be actioned appropriately.
· Ensuring the LEV team always work in a safe manner and demonstrate a positive SHE culture. Adhering to SSOW, RAMS and follow all client and area procedures.
· Support with creation or updates of any process or recording documents where appropriate.
· Line management duties to the LEV team (objective setting, appraisals, mentoring etc.).
· To attend training and actively engage with development.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent. Extensive experience considered as an alternative.
- Minimum of BOHS P601.
- Recognised H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building services.
- Strong understanding of all main building services M&E plant.
- Strong computer literacy skills (excel, word, powerpoint, etc).
- Extensive knowledge and experience of LEV asset lifecycle and TExT.
- Extensive understanding of HSG258.
- Experience of decontamination processes.
- Working knowledge of operating BMS.
- Salary: up to £50,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunities for progression
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01223 827 339.