Project Manager – Ascension Island
Type of Employment
27 months fixed term / Full time
Our client has an amazing fixed term Tax Free vacancy based on a remote and tropical island in the Atlantic Ocean with stunning weather, beaches, views, wildlife, scuba diving and fishing trips and sporting trips.
- Project Management of related works both of a minor and/or major nature as part of an Annual Funded Programme to a value of £1-5M.
- Undertake designs, scopes of works, specifications, and estimating to provide rough order of costs and delivery programmes.
- To be responsible for the organisation of project works and liaison with all affected parties, the on-going project management to ensure compliance to specification and quality standards.
- Undertake technical planning, designing and specifying of Discrete and New Works to be undertaken both by DEL, supply partners and sub-contractors for ensuring that works meet the required levels of quality within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Produce and undertake tendering activities to procure works.
- Facilitate the Coordination of CDM 2015 projects in conjunction with HSE Adviser.
- Communicate with the client on all building and civil engineering matters.
- To produce works documentation and technical records in full compliance with the site QA procedures, CDM and Health and Safety requirements.
- To provide technical advice on technical aspects of the contract as required.
- To act as Clerk of Works and undertake quality/HSE inspections for on-site operations.
- To carry out inspections of facilities to identify works to incorporate into the maintenance register as required provide general support to visiting consultants as required.
- Ensuring that personnel are only employed on work appropriate to their training, qualification and experience, and authorising them accordingly. Identify training and resources necessary for the self-execution of works.
- Maintain meticulous records, time sheets and appropriate job sheets for all tasks completed, ensuring all valid risk assessments and method statements are in place.
- Ensure that all of your works are accurately entered into the MAXIMO IT System, percentages and progress maintained and all works are completed in the system as the works are done.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Educated to minimum HND level (or equivalent) in either civils or construction.
- Educated to minimum HND level (or equivalent) in infrastructure project management
- Project Management Qualification
- Proficient in CAD (but not essential).
- Must be computer literate – Proficient in MS Project, MS Office Applications.
- A working knowledge of MAXIMO, MoD Knowledge in Defence (KID) desirable but not essential.
- Full driving license.
- A proven member of a multi-skilled team
- A wide range of experience in project management and project delivery
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to deal effectively with sensitive issues
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Self-motivated team member with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer focused.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
The client will pay a salary upto £45,000, monthly site allowance and a bonus at the 13th and 27th month. Hours of work are 47.5 per week. The contract duration is 27 months unaccompanied with 74 days leave. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company's expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Ascension Island (ASCN 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 47.5hrs
- 74 days leave. There will also be an entitlement to the Ascension Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = 27 months
- Site allowance: 5%
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security (Check completed by the client)
- If this role would be of any interest at all please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999 for more information